3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steep learning curve  (Read 236 times)

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Steep learning curve
« on: September 21, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Last week was my buddies and I annual pilgrimage to western Maryland for the first week of their bow season.
I've practiced all winter, spring and summer. I've shot from the ground and elevated stands. The one thing I didn't do was shoot from my climbing stand. I've found that it's not near anything like it was with my wheelie bow. Limbs above my head get in the way. Limbs from other trees get in the way. My seat gets in the way.
I've found that shooting to the left, I'm ok. Shooting to the right, I have to cant my bow some.What I ended up doing is, I'd shoot a practice shot with a field tip at the end of each morning sit. I'm so glad I took practice shots. I have a lot more confidence now.
That being said, I didn't get any shot opportunities. I saw deer, I just wasn't presented with any shots that I was willing to take. I had a blast and I'm so glad I've made the switch to traditional equipment.
Good luck everyone.

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steep learning curve
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :archer:

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Keep after it, and you will get your first trad deer! And then never look back!!!!!!!

Good luck to you!

Bisch

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
With time it all will work out....

,,Sam,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©