3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Still Hunting Pro's  (Read 606 times)

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Still Hunting Pro's
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 07:43:00 AM »
I love still hunting and I believe my Nifty Seat is one of the best tools for that style of hunting. Moving and sitting slows me down and takes the strain off of my old backside.
N/A

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
Staying out of the core area and hunting down wind of it while still hunting would definatly be the way to go as you mentioned TJ.I have seen you have killed some superb bucks from your stands.You don't want to disturb your core area where deer bed and find security and let them know you are around or its often game over for your stands as you well know obviously from your success.

You might try just outside of it far enough that you feel comfortable your not busting them and downwind when conditions are near perfect and plan the route,distance and pace.Maybe give it a few tries spaced out a bit so your impact is minimal.

Deer often like to get out of their beds during rainy days.I think light rain without high winds would be pretty good.A drizzle can be sweet still hunting conditions.Some fog and mist seem to be good in my experience as well.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
I always always snap a butt pad on my belt and most often have an assembled Nifty seat on my draw arm side, a stretch belt, once through the seat frame and once around the shank holds it tight to my middle.  It is good if you can sneak and sit on crunchy days and on wet days. It is like still hunting with an emphasis on still.

Offline neuse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 06:38:00 AM »
Texas whitetail are so spooky I don't know how still hunting would work.

Offline neuse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »
But I will enjoy trying to do this.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©