3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Really old Bowhunters  (Read 2034 times)

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Really old Bowhunters
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
65 and still climbing trees for deer, but ground blinding for turkeys. Usually do all the climbing for my SIL's.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
64 and still act like a monkey in a tree.....had a bone marrow in 1992, am very blessed. Have a safe and a great hunt this year everybody.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
been bowhunting for 58 years. my mom made me a bow out of a maple stick when I was 5 years old and have been shooting a bow every since. Went on my first deer hunt with a bow 56 years ago., Before that it was wabbits and we ate cottontails on a regular basis.
God bless, Steve

Offline Producer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »
65 is the new 35.
What gives me wings? Flying with my arrows over and over again. And never giving up...For giving up means not believing...

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »
71-Going to try it again this year-Hope all goes well-Hap

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
turn 65 in November.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
I'll be 80 next March. I don't even buy green bananas anymore, I might not have time for em to ripen.    :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
"Only" 64, but I will be out there again this afternoon.  I usually hunt alone, sometimes over a mile from my truck, usually from a hang on that doesn't stay in the woods.  I carry a cell phone in case of emergency.  I plan to be out there as long as Denny and Ron.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »
I am 65, and will turn 66 in October. I still hunt and climb into elevated stands. I have a few health issues, that on a given day, will interfere with hunting but not on a regular basis. For a time the irritable gut was almost a showstopper, inspiring my son to assign me my "Indian" name - Squatting Bear. Fortunately, things are better, and I can hunt regularly.
Sam

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
I'm 67, and I put my tree stand up in anticipation of Oct. 1 opening day.
Ken Thornhill

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
Hey "Squatting Bear". Sounds like you and I are blood brothers. Sure makes for some interesting hunts, doesn't it. But I won't let that "problem" keep me out of the woods. Wonder why I'm not seeing any deer though?
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline deltakid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
68  and still going.  Unfortunately, this year is a wash - I just had shoulder reconstruction which I have been fighting for the last 3 years.  Once rehab is done, I should be in shape to get back out there hunting mule deer, maybe elk.  I do keep up waling 4 miles a day up and down hills, and keep my time under 1 hour and 15 minutes.  God lord willing, I will be doing this for quite a few more years.

Offline Straitshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
Will turn 71 in November. My equilibrium has gone south so like Ron I have to use a cane to get around but if given the opportunity I will be in the woods in a heart beat. Still want to try to do one more Elk hunt, hopefully next year.
A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

Offline Nuctech

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
I am taking a good friend to deer camp in the middle of October for a week of hunting.  He is 71 and battling esophageal cancer but can still out shoot most guys with a stick bow.  

Gabe

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
62 and still going strong. I just returned last night from our yearly 7 day back-pack elk hunt in a Colorado Wilderness with my son and son-in-law. We got a cow elk, boned her out and back packed the meat and our camp out in multiple trips 6 miles each way. It took 2 days to pack everything out. I'm really exhausted today but still smiling from ear to ear. I too hope to be doing this for a LOT longer.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
Yeah, highlow, we are blood brothers or "some other kind of brothers". It does cause some interesting  hunting moments. However, we are lucky to be able to continue to hunt, even if we have to abandon a stand midway through the morning. There are a lot of older guys still hunting with some severe health issues.
Sam

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
Old guys rule!
Molon labe

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »
68 and still spending lots of time in the woods. Just finished 20 days of elk hunting (no killing) averaging 10 miles a day in the high country. Turkeys and whitetails will be on the agenda in a few days.  Every day's a holiday, every meal's a feast.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
To All

I dont think I have ever laughed so hard at a thread on this site..ever, I have tears in my eyes from chuckling uncontrollably..

You guys are an inspiration, as to how much we love this sport, and nothing will keep us from it.

Thanks again
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
This really hits home. I turn 62 in a month and heavily debating retirement. It's gonna be tight money wise but I'm not sure how long ill be able to hunt and this has a huge bearing on my decision , I've bowhunted 40 plus years and really worry about the day I can no longer bowhunt.  Love hearing from you guys that are still after it..
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©