3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lamp on the bow  (Read 680 times)

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
Lamp on the bow
« on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Night hunting

I will like to see your solutions , how to instal lamp on the bow without drilling bow for bushing .
I don't want to drilling my bow for nothing on the world     :)  

So , post some photos please
PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

Re: Lamp on the bow
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
I don't have any pics, but you can get a Gadget Adapter from 3Rivers, and then use one of the lights that screws into a stabilzer hole. The Gadget Adapter attaches to the bow with straps, like a strap on quiver. You can also use a piece of bicycle inner tube to attach the light to the side of your bow.

Bisch

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
No Pic's but, put a Piece of Velcro on the bow and the opposite piece on the device. I use it on my Hog light and my string tracker. If you want to feel even more secure wrap a piece of elastic cord around the device and the bow. Works great for adjustability, especially for your light.

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Online sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:00 AM »
I have noticed that anything you hang on the front of your bow will throw the balance off a lot. Sometimes so bad that you can't hit a thing. It depends on how heavy it is. A small bright LED might work.

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 03:33:00 AM »
basically I do not need a direct beam of light is directed at a target or animal. Just to make out, I can see the outlines
PerunH 60"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
I use a leather strap that is screwed in but you could tape it on or use GN bow quiver straps and tuck the ends under a couple of wraps.  I also use a red Sniper Hog light that has a very quiet push button switch in the end.  I don't like any thing screwed into a bushing as it tends to ketch on everything when carried especially at night. There is no over hang in front of the riser to affect your normal balance...tippit

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline wcdurand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Good idea, tippit. Man that's an awesome knife!!!!

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
Thanks...normally I carry one of my smaller knives but it's nice to have a bigger one @ night  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Haaa ! That knife is something !!! We need to start new topic with knives !
PerunH 60"

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:00 AM »
EFA has made a light quiver that is light weight and works well. It clamps around the fade out and can pivot for spot lighting or for walking through the woods. I'll try to post a photo later.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Here is a photo of the light as part of the bow quiver assembly and another of the light by itself. They are not on the website but the cost is $30 plus shipping.

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Made a leather wrist strap years ago that positions a mag light with a red filter at the back of the bow hand. Puts the light right where i'm looking at full draw.

The mag light isn't great for an instant light source, since you have to twist the head to turn it on, but night hunting isn't legal for much here anyways.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
These work great and can be had for $5-$6, less if you don't mind waiting on the "slow boat from China". Just go to the big auction site or similar and search something like "Universal Bicycle Flashlight Torch Handle Bar Holder Mount Clamp" The main body is rubber and won't mar the finish on your bow, but is soft enough to kind of conform if you strap it down good and tight. Combine it with a small light with a pressure switch and you've got a great rig. If you spend some time looking around, you put a whole rig together for less than 20 bucks.

"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline stonewall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
duct tape

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
I use standard tape to stick the light on bow and a remote switch on the riser grip. When i draw the light is on until I release. I can light on with just a little pressure if needed as check. I use it when hunting out of my country as we cannot night hunt here. It works fine.

La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by tippit:
Thanks...normally I carry one of my smaller knives but it's nice to have a bigger one @ night   :)  
My first thought when I saw the picture was, "Dang, tippit's done picked up one of Lin's bush brutes."  Then I zoomed in and said, "nope, that's definitely a tippit."  Looks good.  I need to build me a nice sized chopper one of these days to keep with my huntin pack.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline 2ndTimeShooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 01:52:00 AM »
I have a Bear Super Kodiak and wanted a flashlight on it mainly for practice purposes, so I could get a better idea of what my bow arm was doing and how I held the bow through the shot sequence... using it at night, of course, and watching where the light beam went as I shot. I also wanted to have some fun shooting at night.

I have a Fenix FD40 adjustable beam flashlight. It has a tripod/monopod mount in it, female threads. I wondered if I could use that to attach it to the bow. I knew it fit onto the male thread on the top of a walking stick, where the handle comes off and you can attach a camera or scope. So I tried fitting the walking stick's male thread into the female thread of the bow, which is built in for attaching a quiver. Perfect fit. Then with a little checking online I learned the flashlight and walking stick have standard 1/4" threads, used for most tripods, cameras and monopods. So I ordered a male-male adapter made by Fotasy, and a mini ball head camera mount made by Giottos, on Amazon. The male-male adapter goes into the bow and the ball head mount, the flashlight goes on the ball head mount, and all together you can adjust and lock the flashlight in almost any position you want. The Fenix FD40 is light enough, yet throws a powerful flood to spot beam up to several hundred yards and with 5 different brightness levels. It works great.
Shandor

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 02:00:00 AM »
:banghead:
PerunH 60"

Offline starshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
Interesting.. I don't want to stir anything up but isn't hunting after sundown against regulations??
I know that a good flash is necessary for tracking blood trails etc but shining lights?
It sure works good against the hogs though..
64” Howard Hill “Redman”  46” @26”
66” Jet Archery “Jaguar” 42#@ 26”
52” Java Man “Helms Deep”  41#@ 26”

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
Charles, check your regs, night hunting is allowed for hogs in Texas
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow