3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2015  (Read 23190 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2015
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »
Matt,  I like the sounds of what I am hearing.  Looking forward to the update, I might get antsy and text you lol.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
Tyler's still playing Football.....    :readit:  

Tyler actualy said to me last week, "Dad, I'm getting tired of Football... I just want to go Huntin'!!!!!"
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Nice deer Terry !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:00 AM »
Beautiful buck Terry. Congratulations

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2015, 05:41:00 AM »
Congratulations Terry. I'm heading out after work I have not been in the stand in over a week.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
That sure is a Handsome Buck, Terry!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!   :clapper:

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »
Went out this morning and no movement at all.Got busted last night by a big boss doe for the second time.Got back around 12:30 and was looking for my quiver and guess where I left it...........................In my ground blind,now I will have to hunt that spot this evening because its a hall getting there.I guess that's what happens when you put a camo quiver on the ground.................
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »
Saw 7 this morning, a med size doe was 3steps from getting killed , she was only at 5 yards but screened by hemlock branches. Going to sit the same stand tonight
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
Ok I have some time but I am on my phone so I don't know about uploading pics just yet.  If it doesn't work I will upload them at a later date.

This weekend went from seeing nothing to seeing everything.  Sat morning I picked a new spot that I haven't hunted in a few years due to sign. I wasn't even in my treestand set up (climber) and I was hearing footsteps.  I thought good sign but bad sign as my bow was still on the ground.  The deer was so close I could hear it pee in the leaves!  I froze and for the next 5 min the deer milled around my treestand at about 10 yards.  Finally it decided to walk off by not before going right past me.  I thought I could make out antlers but it was still dark and I wasn't sure.  As they moved off I got ready.  Just as light was breaking I heard steps behind me again and two doe were making there way in.  Both good size I decided if they gave me a shot one would hopefully go home with me.  Then I saw another deer behind them and it was a buck.  He was following them about 100 feet back not pushing them but making his presence known.  Trailing him was another buck but I couldn't make out any points.  The does walked in and with the buck trailing I was going to let them walk by and hope for a shot at the buck.  The does cooperated!  My heart started racing the buck was coming in 30 yards 20 yards.  At 15 yards I had and opening he just started into it and he hopped right through it like he knew what was going on.  Stopped right behind some brush and just stood there looking around.  He started walking again I needed 2 more step for a clear shot.  Right at the brush line he stops turns 90 degrees and walks straight away giving me no shot. Son of a BLEEP.  I had to just watch him walk the other buck never came in and the does were gone.  I saw another doe and 2 fawn that morning.  I was coming back in the afternoon!!
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

On my way in in the afternoon I found this.  Promising.  I snuck my way in and changed stand location due to the wind.  I had thick stuff to my left and a few oaks to my right.  As I sat there I was looking around and I figured this was a perfect bedding area. Not even a half hour into the site I see movement and a buck appears, walks out and goes straight away from me.  No ID On him, 15 minutes later I see a deer coming back I figured it was him but nope it was the buck from the morning!!! He was coming straight at me. He got to 50 yards and hung a left into the thick stuff.  He was just eating his way along and in no rush. As he circled me he laid down 60 yards out. Now the waiting game starts. 20-30 minutes later I see two doe coming out of the thick stuff. The buck stood up and followed them right off. I tried the bleat can and grunt and nothing stopped him. He knew were he wanted to go.  I saw one more little button buck that night but didn't take any shots.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2015, 04:12:00 PM »
Sunday comes around I get up and it is raining.  Back to bed I go.  I decided I wasn't going to go sit in the rain for an hour get cold and have to get down. I wanted to stay.  I had the afternoon and I knew I could sneak back in being it just rained and the leaves would make for quite walking. I was in and set up by 200. I sat swaying back and forth all afternoon second guessing my decision to hunt this area because the wind was blowing all over the place. I stuck it out without High hopes but putilting my time in. At 530 I don't know what made me turn around but I did and OH NO a deer snuck in and is 25 yards off to my right. I slowly get up get ready. It's the buck again he is eating some browse not really worried or spooked. He walks out and stands at about 23 yards spins 180 degrees and looks like he is going to walk back out the way he came. I find a shooting lane and get ready. He walks in and stops right leg forward perfect shot. I pull back anchor and let her fly. Deer jumps one huge hop and stands there looking around I MISSED. Enter all explitives here. I can't believe it he didn't go anywhere he just went back to eating. Now the is quartering towards me walking my way.  He makes his way to 16 yards and is going for an opening and just as he gets the he spins around and starts walking back the way he came in. Remember he was quartering towards me well now he is quartering away and I have my shot he doesn't know I am there.  I pull back hit anchor and release. Flight was perfect I see the arrow enter high but just at the lungs heading right for the off side shoulder. I Say Good hit Good hit and watch him run out hear him crashing through the brush but never that real stopping crash. OH NO! I get down get my arrow j missed and mark the spot he was standing no blood! OH SH@#. I get everything squared away and get my flash light and start on the trail. Find blood 6 yards from the shot point. As I am going I find a couple drops then it peters out. This goes on for 100 yards and I loose the trail. Do a circle and find blood he changed direction. I keep going the trail never gets better but I find blood every 5-6 steps. Bright red blood just not alot now I have gone a long ways and I am thinking I might have hit him farther back than I thought. I keep going and I look up and there is the shape and color every hunter lives to see at the end of a hard blood trail. BUCK DOWN!!

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »

He ended up going 200 yards after I clipped the top of one lung and put it through the other. I just barley got the arrow to poke it's way through. I think if it made a bigger hole on the offside he would have bled out quicker and I would have found him earlier.

I was shooting a striker fastback 50@29 gold tip trad 5575 175grn tigershark upfront with a total weight of 630grns.

Offline Firemandivi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »
Very nice buck, congrats

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Well done........   :thumbsup:   And to all that have done well.....   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »
Real nice Matt, been waiting on the tale!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »
Great buck, congrats!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
Nice buck Matt, congrats!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!   :clapper:

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
Congrats to you! Great tracking job! Very nice buck!

Offline Greyswampfox

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
Well done guys !!!
Predator Hunter 50 @ 28
Palmer Classic 45 @ 28
Martin Hunter 55@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©