3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2015  (Read 23160 times)

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2015
« Reply #420 on: November 15, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Congrats on the spike!

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
I've been hunting clothes to the bedding area on my hunting property for the last week or so because all other areas of the property have been pretty much devoid of all deer and fresh sign. Last Saturday I had a real nice 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 year old 8 pointer chasing a doe by me all morning the closes that he came was 15 yards but it was behind me were I didn't have a shot. I had this same deer broad side at 20 yards during the doe only portion of the season. I've been hunting for this buck since the beginning of the season always passing on the "little guys" with the end of the season in sight I decided that meat in the freezer was more of a priority. So this morning I went out with hopes of seeing the big 8 but decided that I was going to take any deer that presented a decent shot opportunity. At about 8:00 this morning I had the chance at a small buck that I had passed on before and made the shot. Fortunately he only made it about 50 yards because there was no blood trail even though I double lunged him I must have hit a rib on the off side as there is no exit wound. On this hunt I used a homemade long bow 125 grain eclipse broadhead with a 125 grain steel insert and carbon express arrows. Pictures will follow ,Bob Brown will post them for me.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: November 15, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
[/url] [/IMG]

[/url] [/IMG]  

Here you go Alex   Congrats !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: November 15, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Thanks Bob.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: November 15, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
Congrats Greg and Alex, great deer to both of you. Also gotta love a pit bull family. You ever try blood trailing  with them?

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: November 15, 2015, 07:06:00 PM »
Very nice congrats
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: November 15, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
I got my wish tonight. Haven't seen any rutting activity from the stand yet and really was longing to. I pouted to my wife and kids all week about not getting to hear my favorite sound, brrrrrrrp, brrrrrrrrp.    :knothead:  

So to remedy that I went to my "Old Reliable" ridge where I just relocated a stand. The landowner was cutting wood when I got there and unbelievably tried to apologize to me. See, there are some good folks left out there.I offered to help with the wood but in so many  words he told me to get on up the hill and hunt.

"Not so fast dude." I tell him and tell him to walk with me to my truck so I could show him something. Tonight I gifted him a Bear Montana at 50# and some CX 150s. He was in his glory and now he could shoot with his 8 year old son who I gave a Mad Dog pup long bow last year. Im just hoping he catches the fever and lays that x bow down.

Now it was time to hit the tree stand. About 2 hours in I saw a line of 3 deer walking down from the bedding area and one was  acting kinda wild, hopping and dashing but I didn't see any antlers. They mosey away and a half hour later a little 60#er came walking from downhill, all intent on finding out what she was smelling (Evercalm) on my tree. She stayed for a long time just milling around and then my wish was granted when I hear grunting coming from behind me. I turned slowly to see a big body coming through the hemlocks and grunting away. No mossy horn but I just needed this performance. The 3 pointer walked directly to my tree and began licking the Evercalm!!! After he had his fill he checked out the fawn and she didn't care for him and he didn't care for her. He just foraged for beech nuts 10 feet in front of me until 5 more deer came running up the hill and he lit off after them. Never saw what they had on their heads but it was chase.

Just wanted to share an exciting evening and again tell you how much confidence  I have in that Evercalm. Good luck out there folks.  

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »
Congrats guys!
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
Nashoba, does that bow have pierce points? Looks sweet and Id like to see some more pics if you have em.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Izzy the bow does have Pierce points the riser is African Black wood with yellow and red heart Pierce points and the limbs are tulip with a maple core. As far as the dogs go it took all I could do to get the brindle male to sit there , he was abused and is afraid of everything but he is one of the nicest dogs that I've ever had the female on the other hand is a  little to high strung but both are very friendly . We also have a couple of hunting beagles that live in a kennel kinda funny watching all 4 play together. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will put some up of the bow.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Congrats Greg and Alex.

This morning was as nice a morning as we've had for some time.  No deer seen although I know the property I was at has a lot of them.

Tomorrow I have off and will head to the swamp but have to pull out early because a furnace repair is in order, The Service tech will be here mid day.

Izzy, Glad you were able to witness some rutting activity.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
Nice buck Alex! I love the family shot too, that's great.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
congrats Alex
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: November 15, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
Congrats Drew   :readit:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: November 15, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
Congratulations,Greg and Alex.

Does Drew have something to tell us?   :saywhat:

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie , Drew and Jim . Jim glad you liked the family photo my oldest daughter just passed her hunter safety course so we will have one more person for our annual bunny hunt.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2015, 06:31:00 AM »
Don't forget to add your deer to the tally thread in the TBONY forum if you're so inclined. Thanks, Izzy

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »
Izzy that is a great picture! Really an awesome encounters!

Offline NANUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Congrats to Greg and Alex!  Well done!
" Don't be bitter, Be better!"

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »
Good job Alex , like Jim said love the pic of the Simon crew. Tell Bella congrats on the safety course
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©