3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Lite Sanctuary jacket & bib-initial impression review  (Read 562 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
First Lite Sanctuary jacket & bib-initial impression review
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
Recently, I purchased the First Lite Sanctuary jacket and bib combo in the Fusion camo. I thought I would take a moment to provide some of my  initial first impressions of the apparel.

First Lite bibs sizing:

First, and prior to placing my order, I read some reviews which aided me in placing my order. One of the reviews I read suggested that the sizing of the bibs, in particular, the area around the stomach, was sized a little small. Taking this into consideration, I ordered one size up. I'm glad I did. Normally, I wear an XL bib, but I ordered an XXL size, which was the right decision. Once I tried them on, I noticed the area surrounding my stomach was still slightly snug. I'm no small guy, obviously, but I don't have a huge belly. I'm 5'11" and 230 lbs. Generally speaking, my stomach extends out to about even with my chest. That said, you may find this helpful in determining you bib sizing. I also noticed the length of the bib legs is a little long for me, but I guess that's to be expected considering I ordered up one size.

First Lite jacket sizing:

I normally wear an XL jacket and that is what I ordered. I have many other First Lite pieces. Among those pieces that own, I have a Puffy jacket and North Branch jacket and bibs, and I've found that First Lite's jackets typically run true to size for me. The Sanctuary jacket arrived and fit perfectly.

First Lite Sanctuary fabric:

The fabric on the Sanctuary apparel is just as described, quiet. Rubbing my hand along the material, I noticed the fabric was very soft and quiet. There is an area in the seat of the bibs which is more noisy. First Lite used a different fabric in this area to help keep the hunter's back side dry.

First Lite Sanctuary garment physical weight:

Although I haven't weighed the jacket & bibs, let me assure you that they are heavy, cold weather gear. When it finally gets cold enough to wear this apparel, I will likely dress in the bibs and carry the jacket to the stand, so I don't overheat. First Lite made this combo to be serious cold weather medicine, and it is!

So far, I'm pleased with the quality of the garments, but what do you expect? It's First Lite!

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Lite Sanctuary jacket & bib-initial impression review
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
No doubt firstclass!!  :thumbsup:  I love my firstlite
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
Are the pockets too small for gloved hands?
Interior pocket?
How does the hood fit?
I would like to know if it is quiet at sub zero temps because most synthetics get crackly loud at less than 15 degrees approx. Throw it in your freezer overnight for us...haha!
Thanks for any info.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by stalkin4elk:
Are the pockets too small for gloved hands?
Interior pocket?
How does the hood fit?
I would like to know if it is quiet at sub zero temps because most synthetics get crackly loud at less than 15 degrees approx. Throw it in your freezer overnight for us...haha!
Thanks for any info.
I intentionally left out pocket and zipper configuration because there are pretty good sources on the internet which speak to this. The hood fits great. It's fully adjustable with a synch tether inside the coat (upper chest area) which synchs down the hood brim while the synch tether located at the rear of the hood synchs the hood to the rear, opening the face exposure.

The external pockets have a gusset, which tightly conform around your wrist. The pockets were designed to allow the hunter to wear no gloves or light gloves in cold weather with just a hand warmer within. The external pockets are deep and generous. Two external outer hand pockets, one chest pocket. Internal pockets are large. One zippered pocket and one unzippered pocket. There is also a kidney warmer compartment for hand warmers.

As far as the sub zero cracking noise of the garment, I would be shocked if First Lite didn't think about that. I'm sure they did. I think you would have more of an issue with that with a soft shell garment. LOL! I ain't going in the freezer!

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Dennis, sent you a PM.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline FIRST LITE

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We really appreciate!

Hope you have a great hunting season!!!

FIRST LITE

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:41:00 PM »
I bought 3 pcs of First Lite a few months ago. It is by far the best pcs of hnting clothes I have ever bought!!!

Bisch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
I bought 3 pcs of First Lite a few months ago. It is by far the best pcs of hnting clothes I have ever bought!!!

Bisch
They won't be the last pieces of First Lite you buy. I became addicted to First Lite's offerings and purchased a lot of their clothing. This year, on my antelope hunt, the First Lite Kanab pants and quarter zip Llano tops were awesome!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by FIRST LITE:
Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We really appreciate!

Hope you have a great hunting season!!!

FIRST LITE
You're very welcome. Thank you for making such well designed, functional hunting apparel!

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »
i love my Sanctuary jacket! it is warm as TOAST and super quiet. and i, too, have tons of First Lite gear. it's so good, you can't stop at just one thing.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 09:56:00 PM »
Im going to have to spring for the sanctuary stuff. Have everything else they make besides the north branch series.

love their puffy jacket, somehow didnt sweat bucjets while springbear hunting in a downpour with their raingear (just pphenomenal) anyone looking for a great piece of raingear you can HUNT IN-do yourselves a favor and pick up the boundary stormtight jacket and pants.

I hunt all season in my kanabs, red desert boxer shorts are an epiphany....what can I say, GREAT PRODUCTS, GREAT SERVICE AND GREAT PATTERNS
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©