3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tough start to the long season  (Read 261 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Tough start to the long season
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
Well here at Ft Benning season has been underway for a couple of weeks. I keep my expectations low this early on; its hard to sit very still while the chiggers and mosquitos eat you alive. Aside from kicking up a mature doe at the end of the first hunt, its been strictly bugs and tree rats. I was mostly doing recon/blind-building, but what sits I have done have been dry. There's sign at most of the sites, and some are my tried and true locations, but I figure they're just moving at night. Still, its good to get the dust knocked off of my ground sitting and brush blind game early on in the season so I'll be ready when the weather turns favorable. I was happy to discover that my back quiver works plenty great with my small backpack, so long as I put the backpack on over it. The stiffer leather still keeps the arrows from being too squished to draw out, so that was a happy surprise as the backpack holds my stool, pruners, water, first aide kit and other things that'll be handy should I end up blood trailing or otherwise further out than anticipated. Trying out the ASAT camo as well, though I still have on my trusty ghillie jacket I made, so its up to the ASAT pants to justify the ensamble. I'm down in the hardwood creek/swamp bottoms so either pig or deer I'm not picky. All in all looking forward to this season. I've stacked the odds against myself as much as possible while still feeling I have a reasonable chance of success - ground, bush blinds, Howard Hill longbow, back quiver, wood arrows, public land that rotates open areas - and have commited that it will happen on these terms or not at all. I have no problems burning my unfilled tags in the spring (between deer and pig, good hunting lasts until March-ish). I look forward to reading about everyones season, good luck!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tough start to the long season
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
Wish you all the best sir , I had a great time with my Hill bow last year. Going back with my Bear TDs again this season , our season starts Sat....

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
Keep after them, and good luck!

Bisch

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
All it takes is the right 5 minutes.. . . .

Good luck and have fun.
ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©