3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson ?  (Read 313 times)

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson ?
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »
Looking for feedback on Robertson's Primal Styk LB
Anybody have one? Looking for a D bow, narrowed down to Mohawk, Super D, Robertson.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
Great bow and a great bowyer.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 03:45:00 AM »
'crockett, you narrowed your choices down to some fine bows. I've owned both Purists and Primal Styks. I'm a big Dick Robertson fan. I shoot his bows as well as any, they fit me and are good looking besides.  I believe the workmanship is as good as any out there.  They seem to pull just a little strong for the weight, but that being said  I presently own a 2014 Primal Styk that is the smoothest Robertson bow I've owned.  I believe Dick has a 'try it before you buy it' program.  
Hope this helps.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »
I have a primal stick, 62" left hander and a 62" Pierce Point right hander of the same weight 57@28. They are great bows, fast quiet and smooth.  I am not using the right hander, that one has Dicks locator grip and I am sticking with straight grip left handers.  I can mix things up left and right handed, but I need to stick with straight grips, the shaped grip confuses the transition, so it has to go, since it not seeing any use.  I just sold my lefty with the shaped grip. The righty Peirce Point it is a Quest, it is a bit softer in the hand than the lefty Primal stick and possibly a couple of feet per second quicker.

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »
I have a 64" Robertson Purist longbow with the connection hinge that allows it to be a take down model. It's 58# at 26" and slings an arrow with authority ! I have the locator grip. This has been my "go to bow" for the last 5 years. The Robertsons make great bows...can't go wrong

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
I haven't shot a Robertson, I'm sure they are fine bows. I do have a super D and can't imagine anything being much smoother or easier on the hand. I honestly love shooting it and have a hard time putting it down. I probably didn't help much. Just my opinion.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline gonefishing600

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
I have owned a Robertson Purist and I wish I would have never sold it, was wisper quiet. I have also owned a Super D, which I like very much accept for the grip was too small. Dan told me because the way they were built the grip only comes in one size. If it weren't for that I would still own a Super D. I'm rather picky about my grips.

My favorite D Bow is my Wallace mountain.

Good Luck.
JD Berry Argos 64" 48#&28"
Toelke Classic Whip 64" 46#@28"
Acs one piece 64" 46#@28"
BlackWidow PLX 66" 46#@28"

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
I have a Primal Styk. It's just a smooth, quiet shooting longbow. Don't know who wouldn't like one.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©