3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DR. ED ASHBY’S NEW BOOK  (Read 260 times)

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
DR. ED ASHBY’S NEW BOOK
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
I would like to call your attention to Dr Ed Ashby’s new book , “NOW”

Not a book about Dr. Ed Ashby’s arrow and braodhead studies and more than just a Fireside book, "Now, …" is an amazing 350 pages of bowhunting and “bush-bumming” how-to, knowledge and lore, sprinkled with humor and bowhunting insights, told as only the Old Derelict (fictitious character ) can! Drawn from over 50 years of worldwide i experience these articles, written anonymously for over a decade for Archery Action, in Australia, are selected stories by Dr. Ed Ashby

They covers everything from his misadventure with Montezuma Beans and Six-Can-Stew to shoe selection for stalking, how to track game, how to practice for hunting shots, how to stalk, what skills define the successful hunter, making and using predator calls, why we miss shots at game and much, much more. Learn how an archer never known for his shooting ability became one of the world’s most successful bowhunters. Best known for his technical writings on terminal arrow performance, here the reader meets Dr. Ashby’s plain-spoken alternate persona – the Old Derelict Bowhunter.

Your Purchase of “Now, …" Helps Support Our Wounded Service Members. 100% of the author’s profits from sales of “Now, …” go to Fisher House Foundation, a charitable organization that provides assistance to the families of severely wounded warriors, so that the family members can be with their loved ones during their period of recovery.

The book can be purchased at   http://vintagearcheryco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=68  

I think you will enjoy it.    :)    

Joe
Joe Furlong

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DR. ED ASHBY’S NEW BOOK
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Odered mine. Will like learning more about the man behind the study that I have used for years as the go to reference for my hunting arrow builds.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:37:00 AM »
Joe,

Is something wrong with your site...or down for maintenance? I tried to order- it just sat there on a blank screen for quite a while  trying to get to the cc page???

Thanks
Ray
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
Going on my bday or Xmas list. Thx
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »
Joe,

I went to order and got the same as Ray when I went to pay. Blank white screen. I was using my iPhone if that helps.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 08:02:00 AM »
I did not have any issues when I ordered yesterday using paypal to pay. I did not use a phone though.

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
RAY  HAMMOND CALLED THIS TO MY ATTENTION . YES WE DID HAVE A PROBLEM THE WEB MASTER SAYS IT IS CORRECTED .

THE BOOK HAS A LOT OF INTEREST ….I HAVE MADE ADDITIONAL ORDERS HOPING TO KEEP UP WITJH DEMAND .  

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE !!….. I KNOW SOME ABOUT BROADHEADS NOT ENOUGH ON WEB SITES TO WORK ON THEM  :knothead:
Joe Furlong

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Just placed my order.  Looks like it will be a great read, and a good book for my trad archery library!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
Hi everybody. I had the honor of previewing the rough draft of this book about a year ago and I highly recommend it! We all know Dr. Ashby’s technical, scientific testing side but in this book we get to know the man as a regular guy. As Joe mentioned, the book is a collection/compilation of short articles, stories, and tips on hunting in general. (look for the word “General” in the contents btw). There are no references to high foc set ups or single bevel BHDs, just a bunch of really good stories and how to tips from a guy who spent a whole lotta time out in the bush hunting all over the world. “The old Derelict” can be a very funny guy too! I can think of several articles and stories included that by themselves would be well worth the cost of the book. As usual, Ed’s not making a dime off the proceeds either, choosing instead to donate all profits from sales to Fisher House in support of our severely wounded US servicemen and women. Great book from a truly great guy.  :thumbsup:  

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vintage archer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
For those that have ordered  Dr.Ed’s Book NOW we have started shipping them in the sequence  we received the order.

There is going to be a several weeks delay for some as demand has out stripped our wildest dream. This is print on demand book and between high demand and slower than anticipated printing time we are behind in shipments. SORRY!

If you are one that has to wait I apologize however I am sure you will find that the wait was worth it.
Joe Furlong

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
Just ordered a copy.  Looking forward to reading it.  No rush.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©