3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 452 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Questions
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Thanks for catching my mistake Larry. I just looked through their (Bear's) catalog and the Grizzly is one of the few they don't make FF compatible. Strange.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Only reason I can imagine is that the design has not changed since the 64. Day 2 was much better lot less stretch and bow is quiet and fast sitting at 8 inch brace height
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
The au sable and even Montana have fiberglass reinforced limb tips I watched a making the grizzly video and they only put little pieces of wood to reinforce the limb tips. They are using a handle template from the early 70 according to the video
Fred Bear

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
Understand. I still find it strange that they would not reinforce the tips. That would not affect the appearance, grip or limb shape, or much of anything else. l can't even see it changing the production cost much. Oh well. I'm not the production manager and still like the Grizz anyway.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
Yeah I dunno.... the video stated that the last change to the design was made by fred himself....maybe holding on to that legacy.  I agree though it would not increase cost much and I know wood some people who do use fast flight on it but I'm not going to take the risk....maybe someday they will.  The super grizzly is able to but like other bows they brought back to production they have made modifications. But as I understand it the grizzly has not had a gap in production..since the beginning. Anyway it would be nice if they would.
Fred Bear

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
If it were me I would get a quality FF string from a maker on here. Ten Ring Strings or Hunter's Choice strings. then see what happens from there.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
Bear brought back the Super Grizzly in 2011 and it is FF compatible.  It appears they want to keep the Grizzly as it is with the price $100 under the Super Grizzly and those who want the 58" design with high performance string buy the Super Griz.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©