3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Go figure.....  (Read 324 times)

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
Go figure.....
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
I have been waiting, practicing, scouting, dreaming for this Saturday. My first ever start to an all trad season. Of course we will get a hurricane arriving opening day! This will not only impact opening day but possibly several days or weeks depending how bad it gets...Murphy's law is cruel...
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Re: Go figure.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
If you get that hurricane, then it was just not meant to be for that day!!! Don't stress over it, and go hunt when things are right.

Good luck to you! I'll be waiting for pics and a good story.

Bisch

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Yes, I believe you are right. Some may say it is silly, but I believe that the Lord has HIS hands in everything, even petty things like hunting. If He doesn't want me in the woods Saturday, then I accept His intervention and know that it is His plan. But when it is right, I will be there.
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Good attitude! !!! The Good Lord does have his hands in everything!

Good luck, shoot straight and God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:00 AM »
Best of luck Brother! Windy days are great for still hunting. Take what is given to you and go with it. Go get 'em.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
thanks and very true, but I got to be honest, 5" of rain and 50+ mph wind is just too much for me to handle..I will wait for a better day!

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Who says we can't be passionate hunters and still be intelligent   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
that's funny right there

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
I hear you VA. This will be my first year back to hunting Pa in a lot of years. I've got 75 acres of private ground all to myself and I've been chomping at the bit to hunt it. This hurricane has me rethinking what I might do. If the wind isn't terrible, I may try to still hunt the place or I may take your cue and stay home. I'm going to play it by ear. Good luck

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
Lots of good advice, best of luck Landon.  I anxiously await your first kill thread.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
thanks jake

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
Yes, it is good to accept a sensible attitude. In my younger days, I hunted on some mornings that were just plain dangerous. Luckily, no problems ever developed, but it does not fall into the category of wise moves. If you have to delay a little bit, at least you are not taking chances on bad things happening. Good luck.
Sam

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Bad weather can sometimes be a good thing.  If its real bad the deer will hole up for a while and should really be moving when it passes.  If its not horrific but still ugly you know they will be holed up and you can post up around those areas.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
I don't know which track this thing will take, but I do know we will get some heavy rain on friday, saturday and sunday. even into monday. tuesday is looking great, so i will be that afternoon.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
I lived on the outer banks for 14 years and killed more deer during horrible weather than any other time. It was public land so maybe they figured there wouldn't be anyone in the woods when it was nasty.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
Yup, I draw the line at 4.5" of rain and no more than 40 mph winds.  More than that and I am home watching movies !
   :goldtooth:  
CHuckC

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
well the new track looks a little better now. maybe there is a chance!!!

Offline MO Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 03:26:00 AM »
we're tracking it hard and things are looking better than they did yesterday.  once it finally turns north, we'll have a better idea of what it's going to do.  should have a better forecast by the end of today.

since it's been raining so much the last few days, deer will be on the move.  hunker down and hit it hard...i think you'd be surprised.

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
I am leaning towards going now that forecast has changed some...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©