3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: In Love  (Read 200 times)

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
In Love
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
Today was day three with my bow not that I plan to chronicle everyday.   It has been years since I got to shoot trad 10 if I had to estimate maybe more.  I only recently got back into archery a month ago.  been shooting a compound I bought and decided I was not happy and am selling it.  My recurve came in the mail 3 days ago. After three days of shooting my string seems to be settled pretty much in.  I maybe unstrung it once to make one twist in it today.  I have no idea how many arrows I shot today but it was a bunch. I really feel like I am getting pretty good results from my 55b @28 grizzly. Here is the proof in the pudding so to speak.  

Couple pics of the bow.  The pics of the two groups where arrows are coming from different directions first shot is 5 yards second is 10 and third is 15 yards all from different angles in the yard.  One of the two has a 20 yard instead of the 15.  Pic where they all are straight in is the last group I shot today ~15 yards I have the distances marked sorta in my back yard.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
   photobucket  
   photobucket

photobucket  

photobucket  

Anyway I can't believe I ever got out of this sport...... Never again
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: In Love
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
Welcome back !
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
Many thanks.
Fred Bear

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
it sure is fun isn't it?
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »
Man o man..... I forgot... I dunno maybe I just didn't have good results as a kid.  I just don't know why I stopped.
Fred Bear

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
Looks like you are off to a great re-start!!!

Good shooting,

Bisch

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »
Indeed took a few shots and getting my anchor reestablished and consistent.  But once that happened I started shooting decently or what I think is decently.  The good news is that I can shoot all day with that bow without tiring...
Fred Bear

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
And boy howdy is it quiet.  Makes my compound feel like a gun going off.
Fred Bear

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
Very nice!! One thing to look in to in the future, and maybe you already have, but I've never been a fan of the strings Bear Archery uses. On their compounds or their traditional bows. And it seems like a small thing, but a good string can actually count for quite a bit. Of course, right now all that matters is having fun getting reacquainted and solid shooting, like you sure seem to be. But when the time comes $20 will get you a really nice string that can add performance, quiet things down, and improve consistency. I wouldn't go any further than some of the awesome sponsors right here at tradgang either. Its about as "custom" as a string can get and you may find yourself loving that Grizzly even more!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice cavscout.  I will definitely reach out to a sponsor for a string... 20 bucks is so cheap with compound they recommend replacement every year 60 bucks for string and cable and then 50 to put it on...... 20 bucks man this is the life.  I am glad to get an opinion on bears strings.  I honestly don't know enough to give a solid opinion on them.  I can say that holy moly it stretched a lot...... But after I kept it strung  for about 10 hours it really settled down.
Fred Bear

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
Yeah, I usually keep them as back ups. I'm not too sure why Bear uses the strings they do. And who knows, many companys may also use so-so strings, I just don't have any experience with them. One of the string makers here can certainly speak more about what exactly would work best for that bow and your arrow combo.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©