3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BPE Pro Setup Help Please  (Read 277 times)

Offline cloudbaseracer

• Trad Bowhunter
BPE Pro Setup Help Please
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
I have a right wing BPE Pro and shoot 4 - 4" feathers using Bohning premium tape.  I am having an issue with the rear of the feather curving really hard, not laying flat against the shaft and coming loose.

Several questions for you guys....

Where should the forward arrow holder be for standard carbon arrows?  Is it the first full available location to the left of the main frame?  In other words, does the shaft run parallel with the frame?  I felt like the feathers set better against shaft when it was in the second one to the left but the shaft is not straight parallel with the frame then.

Also, what about the adjustable plate that holds the magnet bar?  How should these be set?   When I put them at zero and the shaft is in the upper position parallel to the frame it just will not place the quill in contact with the shaft.  That is the main reason I put the shaft in the second upper position. But even then it does not work great.

Sorry, guys.  This should not be that hard to get right.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BPE Pro Setup Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »
If yours is like mine, the front arrow holder should pull forward so you can rotate it to the slot that the arrow fits in. it does run parallel to the frame, arrow holder straight up.

I shoot right wing feathers too so the bottom of the plate is moved to the left, the top is moved to the right or away from the shaft. Different length feathers and different diameter shafts require different setups. What I do is put an arrow in the holder, put a feather in the clamp, place on the arrow like you were gluing it up, then move the magnet bar so the feather base ends up with full flat contact while trying to achieve maximum helical. They'll stay on that way and arrow flight is very good, especially with big broadheads.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©