3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Niff-T-Seat ???  (Read 387 times)

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
Niff-T-Seat ???
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Anybody use one?Just received one on a trade,tried it out on the back lawn and is real nice.You can turn nice and quiet.Will try shooting out of it later this week.Will hunt with it this weekend.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Niff-T-Seat ???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
I used one for years. I loved it. Back it up to a tree, gives you a bit of a back rest. It's great in a ground blind too. Easy to drop to both knees to shoot.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
X2 what Sean said
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
X2 what Sean said
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
x4. Best invention for a ground blind.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 04:38:00 AM »
Yes, I have one. Heading out the door now and will decide on the way to the farm if Ill sit in a ladder or use my Niff T seat.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 05:23:00 AM »
I have been using one for years,, honestly I think its the best ground seat available for function alone because what other seat will let you shoot 360 degrees with no sound,  what other seat can you actually lean it in different directions for a better shots.

also like Sean said put it in the ground about 10" away from a tree then lean back for a nice recline but when a deer comes in shoot right from that position or lean forward and turn for any angle shot and now the tree isn't even there to bump your drawing elbow on,,, I can shoot directly behind any tree with the nifty just lean it forward then to left or right,, your legs do all the steering work.

I adjusted mine to my preferred seat height and loc-tighted everything, I chucked the case and instead tie para cord from the stand itself to carry over my shoulder like a possible bag then the stand lays over my butt behind me when going in or out,, I have a extra sheathed knife and a couple pens (for deer tags)  taped to the base above the big washer with dark hockey tape just in case.

I get exited when I hear about these 8^)
"Us vs Them"

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
Seat is Nifty but I don't use mine for any longer than an hour, good for move sit a while move some more kind of hunting, not a 3 hour evening hunt seat, I hardly use mine these days where I'm hunting now....

Online TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »
I'll echo mjh's comments.  For me it's 'ok' but not an extended period type of seat, and not the most stable (only one center support).  I find that I fidget more when I use mine, just to stay comfortable and balanced.  It's also on the heavy side for a small seat (cloth and steel construction), rugged but a little awkward to carry on a belt or sling over the shoulder (doesn't fold flat).  Tends to 'ping' alot on brush when carrying, unless you cover it with a shirt or cloth.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 5.  I like the small three-legged stools better...more stable, carry easier and much cheaper.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
It is a young mans seat, I had one for years but as I got older I found it dug into my backside after an hour or so and I couldn't tolerate it.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Glad to see MJH and TSP's replies.  I like mine but also for shorter sits. the "boys" go numb sitting on that bad boy too long.

Stability has not been an issue for me, and it's nice how it will find a spot between the many roots of forest trees to settle in.    :thumbsup:  

Only other complaint besides the seat comfort is unlike Tajue 17 when I've sat in mine a while, it will NOT come apart!!! as I pivot to look here or there or just sit, it seems to tighten to where I need 2 channel locks to break it back open.  

Buddy had same issue, and carried his while it was naturally locked together, and I was following along and found that it had unscrewed and dropped the one extension, so I'm always concerned it will do that. I even put delrin washers between with no improvement. Otherwise, with both extensions, I can shoot off it ok
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
I use one quite a bit.  I made up a hardwood post the length I like, instead of the metal ones that come with it.  It's a little lighter and quieter when carrying it.  I put my foam pad on it and can sit longer.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
I've had mine for many years and really like it. True, its not comfortable for long sits, but its easy for me to carry slung across my shoulder and sets up quick and easy. I have little or no trouble getting through the brush with it. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Tried the niff-t-seat out this evening after work.It works out perfect for me,Can,t wait to use it this weekend.Any one get any harvests off theirs???
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
not made for big BUTTS
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
How about posting a pic so we know what this seat looks like
bryce olson

Offline bowberry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
X2
Black locust selfwood longbow
52#@28"
Great Plains Longbow 55#@28"

Online TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
I've used one for 15 years... Great seat!
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 01:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by 3Feathers:
Tried the niff-t-seat out this evening after work.It works out perfect for me,Can,t wait to use it this weekend.Any one get any harvests off theirs???
Last years buck I shot from the seat. I spun on it and shot behind me, worked out great for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©