3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Bush and bag  (Read 275 times)

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim Bush and bag
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
Anyone used Bush and bag system, I'm on the larger size and this looks like it might work well.  Just looking for thoughts if you have experience with them.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Bush and bag
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
They are pretty awesome and not because i sell them. I sell them because they are pretty awesome!

I get lots of feedback from customers who have had close encounters while in the B n a Bag. Seems it works well for them too.

The newest model...a year old or so is also very quiet out of the bag too.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Big Jim...do you have a pic or two of someone shooting with it on?
Thanks

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
I've been using one and it works to perfection. Had very close encounters with deer and turkeys with only a tree for a background behind me. I can get away with little or nothing in front of me. Packs up to a compact size and dries out quickly. Need to order the snow camo one soon.

Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Nevermind Big Jim, found you on youtube.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
I have a question, on Jim's website they look pretty dark.  Is that the case?  Will it blend with the lighter grays and browns on the ground.   Nothings dark green around us by the third week of deer season.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
I'm watching this. Tired if tree stands. Not mobile enough and too much work. This looks cool. Hope it fits a big fat guy.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
I have one and had a Merlin  attack my fletch on my arrow while wearing mine...if it fools a falcon's keen eye..it will fool any game...I have had game walk very close to me...it is darker but there is alot of different colors in nature...if you look in the trees you can always find a darker bush..that all you become when you put it on...I sit against a tree and stay fairly low...light and quick to put on..I use elastic fabric around my chest and bow arm to stop it hitting my string...

Offline Horn Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
I bought one but haven't been out yet to use it. Was wondering what you guys use as a head covering while wearing it?

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Horn Chaser, you use the bag you carry it in as head covering. Put it on and move the leaves away from your eyes and you are all set. After your eyes adjust you don't notice the screen.

Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »
I use two pieces of parachute cord on the eyelets and wrap them around me to pull it in tighter.  You may need to do a little trimming for string clearance on you bow side.  With the added parachute cord, I can also use mine as a blind of sorts when I only need one sided cover.If a deer is getting too close and may step on you, just give 'em poke with your bow tip.

Offline sidekick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Trim some leaves off the bag in front of your eyes and some off your bow arm. I wear the Crooked Horn style bino harnes to hold everything in place, think I saw Jim do that in his video, it works.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
Looks like 3d termites!  Lol
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Horn Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice and ideas.