3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PBS Membership Drive...arrows done and ready to ship  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
PBS Membership Drive...arrows done and ready to ship
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
Hello everyone.  I've spoken to the Tradgang Admin, and received their approval for this thread.  Thank you Tradgang for your continued support.

This thread is about involvement.

Involvement in the sport that you spend your off-season prepping for.  Involvement in fine tuning your gear to ensure a quick/humane kill.  Involvement with your hunting partner (s), if you so choose to have one.  Involvement in your own physical and mental preparation.  And to me, the most important...Involvement in Bowhunting organizations that promote brotherhood, and love of all things bowhunting.  A Fraternity if you so choose to call it.

This "Fraternity" I'm speaking of is the Professional Bowhunters Society (PBS).

The PBS has been around over 50 years promoting our favorite passtime.  With this thread, I'm doing my part to spread the PBS "word", and hopefully recruit new members at the same time (more on that in a bit).

The PBS is made up of the most hardcore Bowhunters that exist, from around the world.  We aren't for everyone, and we prefer it that way.  We eat, sleep and train to bowhunt.  Our mission statement is...

"It is the purpose of the Professional Bowhunters Society to be an organization whose membership consists only of persons who are considered Professional Bowhunters in ATTITUDE, and who vow:

That by choice, bowhunting is their primary archery interest, and their ultimate aim and interest is the taking of wild game by bow and arrow of suitable weights in a humane and sportsmanlike manner;
To share their experiences, knowledge and shooting skills;
To be a conscientious bowhunter, promoting bowhunting by working to elevate its standards and the standards of those who practice the art of bowhunting;
To provide training in safety, shooting and hunting techniques;
To practice the wise use of our natural resources, the conservation of our wild game and the preservation of our natural habitat."

As a first year member, you're probably wondering what you'll get.  That is a pretty fair question.  As a first year, Associate Member, you receive...

*A quarterly magazine, The Professional Bowhunter (containing how-to articles you will find printed nowhere else)

*Use of the PBS Information/Education Services

*Participation in PBS Programs

*The opportunity to defend the sport against anti-hunting forces

*Free use of the lending library, including videos and books

The PBS also has a Regional Program that was set up last year to promote the organization on a more "local" scale.

This Regional Program has spawned some amazing Membership ONLY hunts (yes, as an Associate Member, you may attend).  This year alone, I know of: Texas hog hunts; Florida hog hunts; Florida alligator hunt; Utah elk hunt; Arizon Coues Deer/javalina hunt; Virginia deer, turkey and bear; Colorado elk hunt; Georgia Black Beard Island hunt; Tennessee Turkey hunt; Ohio deer hunt; Indiana deer hunt; New Hampshire bear hunt; New York State Catskill deer hunt; Kodiak Alaska blacktail deer hunt; my good friend, Richard Flett, has an open invitation to any PBS member that would like to hunt New Zealand; and the most recent addition is Gene Wensel setting up a hunt to Africa, and looking for participants to join him, just to name a few.

All those bowhunts are put on by PBS members, for PBS members.  I told you, we live to Bowhunt.

As an added bonus for joining, I'm currently making a dozen of my Motor City Machete douglas fir arrows (60-65# spine, marble dipped crown with membrane spliced cock feather) to be given to one lucky NEW member that goes thru me to get their membership.  Everyone who contacts me, and sends in their first year's dues payment will have their name placed into the "hat", and a winner will be drawn at 6 PM on December 1st, 2015.

Here is the set I'm making for the membership drive.  They are patiently waiting their marble dip...

Edit (25 October 2015)...I just marble dipped the arrows, and added this picture

Edit (31 October 2015)...cock feathers membrane spliced and chopped.

Edit (8 November 2015)...all cresting is complete.  7 different colors in total on these arrows and 180 pinstripes for the set...

Edit (21 November 2015)...fletched and ready for shipping...

My arrows, Motor City Machetes, cannot be bought, from me.  I make literally dozens of dozen arrow sets yearly to be donated to Archery Organizations to be used to raise money AND awareness of their organization.  The reason I do not sell my arrows is simple...I already have a job, and I hate working.  If I do it for free, I enjoy what I do.

Now say you don't shoot full length 60-65# spine arrows.  No problem, if you are the lucky winner, I will build you a custom set to your specifications, while using Surewood arrow shafts (my arrow wood of choice for hunting) as my main ingredient, the rest is totally up to you.

Not to bad of a deal for a $35 investment.  If you PayPal me the $, I will handle all the paperwork and see to it your experience is an enjoyable one.  My PayPal account is [email protected] or if you prefer, you can write a check out to Professional Bowhunters Society, mail it to me, and I will handle it from there.

I will need your Name, address, age, email address and phone #.

Remember, if you don't go thru me, you're not gonna be entered into the drawing for a dozen custom arrows.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Mike Vines
Proud PBS member
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PBS Membership Drive...arrows done and ready to ship
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
Way to go Mike.  Let's hope a few good members on here will see the advantages and join a premier bowhunting group.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Great offer Mike. PBS has been a great Org to belong to.

:thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 09:56:00 PM »
Thank you Mike, and Tradgang.

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
Well I have been going to join and this seems like a great time to do it. Very generous offer Mike. I have no PayPal is a old fashion check acceptable?
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sockrsblur:
Well I have been going to join and this seems like a great time to do it. Very generous offer Mike. I have no PayPal is a old fashion check acceptable?
Absolutely.  I just sent you a PM on here James.  It has all the info you will need.

Thank you.

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
I've thought about joining for the last few years and don't know why no haven't.  This is a good incentive.  What's the deadline to be registered for the arrow drawing?
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tsalt:
I've thought about joining for the last few years and don't know why no haven't.  This is a good incentive.  What's the deadline to be registered for the arrow drawing? [/QUOTE

As posted above in the original post...6 PM on December 1st, 2015, but why wait any longer?

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »
Glad to see this Mike.  Keep up the good work and spreading the word.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Mike forgot to add that there are some extraordinary banquets to attend bi-annually.  It's a great place just like trad gang to meet like minded bow hunters.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
I'm in! Pm sent
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
Great thread..

Some great Bowhunters in the PBS and even better people. The Gatherings are just too much fun...!
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online matt steed

• Trad Bowhunter
  • For God So Loved The World
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 12:32:00 AM »
Mike, Thank you. Very good idea.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 02:41:00 AM »
Great gesture Mike, PBS is really a leading organization in the sport and it needs the most serious bowhunter to join.
Thank Trad Gang Amins to host PBS again
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 05:27:00 AM »
Way to step up my friend!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Checks on the way. Thanks Mike !!!

Bill

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »
Thank you Tradgang admin. for once again supporting PBS.
Well done, Mike!

So Bill. Does this mean we will see you at the Ohio membership hunt we talked about?

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
Thanks Mike!

I just paid you via PayPal and included all my information on a note.

This is a very kind gesture, Thank you.

Please let me know how I should proceed in setting up my PBS.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Yeah thanks Terry for allowing this to happen. PBS is a wonderful organization. I have met some great people and bowhunters through it.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
Way to go Mike - you make me proud!
And thank you Trad Gang for supporting PBS!

There are a lot of people around here for whom bowhunting is their passion in life.  If that sounds like you, you owe it to yourself to take Mike up on his offer.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©