3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern Bush bow ? It's here  (Read 401 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great Northern Bush bow ? It's here
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
So a Bush Bow comes up on the classifieds and Big Ed was good enough to price it right. It's right at my specs so I jumped on it. I had one before but it got to heavy or I got to old so I let it go. So while I'm waiting for this bow to show up in the mail..........who likes them and why.     :campfire:      :coffee:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern Bush bow ? It's here
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
I owned one years ago and loved it. I'm a self bow builder and lover to the core and that simple profile the Bushbow has really caught my eye. I'd own another today if I took the time to search a used one out.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
I loved mine. The only reason I sold it was I wanted a bow built for me and I had bought that off the rack. It killed a Wyoming Bull.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
Joe Skipp was going to sell me his years ago... I fell in love with it, so being the good friend he has always been, he let me borrow it!!! I shot it & shot it.....

Couldn't hit a Bull in the A$$ with it!!!!! I gave it back to him a few months later. I still love that bow, LMAO!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
That look of a self bow is what has always drawn me the Bush Bow. A good friend has one that is the old school green glass model and shoots it very well.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
I have had 4 Great Northern Bushbows. I bought 1 new and the others used. They are AWESOME bows ! The only reason I keep selling them is I'm trying to "tweak" the perfect setup for me. If I was going to pull the trigger right now on one it would be a 62" model 52 lbs at 26" with the locator grip. I'd probably order a Cocobolo Dymondwood riser with Amber Red Elm cores and veneers. I've tried both straight and locator grip and shoot the locator much better. Jerry Brumm does great work and his customer service is excellent ! I highly recommend him

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
Ron why not get a self bow if that's your flavor? Why fake it?    :)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  No faking here Chris, I have 2 or 3 on the rack, plus some bamboo backed things I have made. I just like to taste all the treats.

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
I have 2 of them, both 62", one a jackknife model. I have always had a Bushbow in my rotation. Just got back from an Adirondack primitive hunt with mine. It just has the lines, and character of the simplest bow...but very effective, quick, and point - on accurate. The osage version that I have is called "Michigan Sunrise", and the jackknife model is called simply, "Barkeater"..after the Mohican name for the Adirondacks.
I have had several bows in the past , but I always tend to pick up the Great Northern Bushbow. Simple, deadly, and incredible craftsmanship.
You'll love Eddie's bow!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »
Ron, When I'm able to shoot a bow again I'm going to order a 62" Bush Bow with the straight grip, Shedua riser, dark hickory limbs w/ a Diamondback skin 42-45# @ 28. Don't know what it was about the BB's I've owned in the past but I could just shoot them a bit better. Jerry is top notch.

Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
This one I'm waiting on is 60" 42# @ 28 and I draw 29". It also has the straight grip. Now  if they [USPS] could just get it here..........   :coffee:    :coffee:

Online PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by ron w:
 :biglaugh:   No faking here Chris, I have 2 or 3 on the rack, plus some bamboo backed things I have made. I just like to taste all the treats.
I hear ya'. Just poking you a bit. I want another Bushbow some day myself, for the same reasons you do. My last one had spalted veneers, cant remember the species. But it was drop dead gorgeous.

Offline Chad R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
I have had an Osage Critter Getter and Osage Fireball.  Great bows.  Had to sell when hurt shoulder 5 years ago.  Just bought a 64" red elm Bushbow from Jerry.   He is such a great guy!!  It has the locator grip and is only 35# at my 26" draw.  I am having an absolute ball with it and  thank the Lord for being able to shoot again.  The Bushbow is my favorite GN now :-)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
Usually have good luck with USPS but they must be taking the long way to New York from Pa.   :campfire:    :campfire:

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
I think you're going to like it a lot. I have two of the Lil' Creeps and like them a lot. Jerry's craftsmanship is stellar!!   :archer:
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Online Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
I've shot my friends bush bow and what I like is it is easy to pull and shoots great for me. The weight on his seems a lot less even though it's my normal shooting weight.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 11:56:00 AM »
My Bush bow finally got here today, man it's nice. I'll get out to shoot it a bit later today if all goes well. Many thanks to Big Ed for letting her go.

Offline RAGHORN 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
Pics? Would love to see it! Enjoy!

Offline hunthold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
Let us know how that 60"er feels at a 29" draw.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
I took the Li' lady out to the targets to see how she shoots......1st 4 shots at 12 yards were in a group the size of a coffee cup. I back up to about 16 yards and the next 3 were in the bull with a fly'er maybe 2" high left. I back out to 20 yards and put all 4 arrows in the 8 ring on my 3-D target........I LIKE IT ALOT!!!!   :readit:    :thumbsup:   I was concered being only 60" and drawing 29" but it is smooth all the way back to anchor. It's 42# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©