3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Insert and BH help  (Read 636 times)

Offline RaybowTx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Insert and BH help
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
Chris I think I understand part of your question.  I use two part epoxy.  When I want to remove the insert I take an old field tip, screw it half way in.  Heat field tip only with propane torch until the tip and insert full free. The tip will transfer enough heat to break the epoxy loose.  The shaft will not get hot enough to hurt it.  The epoxy is very strong under normal temps but breaks down pretty quick with this kind of heat.  I do it alot..........Ray
na

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Insert and BH help
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I ordered my parts from 3 rivers today, got quite the assortment of adapters and inserts to play with. Maybe a question for another thread but I'm thinking about going with some 155 grain Grizzlies instead of the Magnus classics. I keep reading all the Ashby reports and updates and the Grizzly seems to be the BH of choice for Ashby. Granted I'm probably not going to be hunting cape buffalo anytime soon, but I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy, no such thing as overkill, IMO
60% of the time,  it works every time

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©