3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW  (Read 844 times)

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
USPS CANT FIND MY BOW
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
Anyone else on here ever have our great postal service misplace a bow. Scanned into the post office on 10/7/17 and went to sorting facility. It has not been scanned anywhere since then. Estimated deliver was the 13th, so been 2 weeks past that. All I can get out of them is it may still be in transit. Hoping to get it here before an Oklahoma hunt I went on this weekend...Thanks"

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
Same thing here:

Looks like my wife's new stand has disappeared at the Memphis sorting facility. You would think the mail handlers would be able to afford their own hunting equipment.

Your bow could still show up, Good luck.

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »
I had one that was going back and forth across the country.  Instead of priority 3 day it was 'priority two weeks'. They finally got it to me.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
Try filing a claim, that's usually when they seem to find my stuff.

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
I don't think you can file a claim until the item is missing for 30 days. I have had them lose a Priority Mail items for several weeks.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:00 AM »
I know what you are saying. I got a bow off the classifieds and it took my check a week and a half to get there. We already had plans to do something else but it finally showed up.If it were any other business it would go under.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ray Lyon:
I had one that was going back and forth across the country.  Instead of priority 3 day it was 'priority two weeks'. They finally got it to me.
I watched one come from Oklahoma to Des Moines then bounce from Des Moines to Minneapolis to Manly (where I live) to St. Paul to Des Moines and finally to Manly. The bar code got scuffed up somewhere along the line. Finally some enterprising soul must have realized he/she had seen it before and routed it back to Manly. The local P.O. could not explain why they sent it on to St. Paul. My name and address were clear as day, but the bar code apparently fooled them. Ain't technology wonderful? I think it's one of the reasons I prefer traditional bows...he types on his laptop computer...   :knothead:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
The sender (guy that put the insurance on it) must file the claim.  Can't do it for 30 days.  Out of many hundreds if not thousands I've had one get broken but none lost through USPS.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
I had a part for our CNC go via UPS from Michigan to Dallas to Ft. Worth to New Jersey to Dallas to Ft. Worth and finally delivered.  Instead of 2-3 days it was 10.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
Ten four he is aware and is waiting the 30 days. Just hoping it will finally get here and was wondering if others had experiences like this. Nice to know you have never had one lost and hoping this one is not...Thanks everyone!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »
Had a Postal Money order from Michigan to Wisconsin take 25 days Priority Mail. The bad thing was the guy shipped the bow on the day I sent the Money Order and I had it three days later. Used them all, Fed Ex, UPS and Priority Mail. They all have their issues but IMHO Priority Mail is still the best way to get something from point A to point B.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
Of all the stuff I have sold and ordered, I've never had the USPS screw up.  I've had a couple things arrive with damage, BUT that was because of crappy packing by the shipper.  

Overall, I bet 99.9% of the items arrive timely and without damage...and I am not an employee of the post office or even know anyone who is.
Lon Scott

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
Something to consider when you address a package in case the label gets torn,scuffed or that area is damaged where the label is placed is to always write your address and place to send on a piece of paper and place inside the package as well..If it is messed up beyond reading on the outside they may look inside to see if a note was left.Just tape or place a note inside where to ship to if lost or label damaged..
 Just something I have done on a few and may help someone if that does happen..

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
I have had a couple of items been late from the post office.I bought a bow from a member here and sent the money order in a Priority envelope.I tracked it and it was stuck at a sorting facility for close to two weeks.It finally was delivered but the member said the envelope looked like it had been torn up and taped back together.But he finally received it,but took about 17 days.

Offline Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
Something as simple as 2 numbers switched in a zip code, can delay a package for days or even weeks.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Blackhawk:
Of all the stuff I have sold and ordered, I've never had the USPS screw up.  I've had a couple things arrive with damage, BUT that was because of crappy packing by the shipper.  

Overall, I bet 99.9% of the items arrive timely and without damage...and I am not an employee of the post office or even know anyone who is.
2X on this post....  UPS on the other hand has screwed me up a time or two.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
I haven't lost anything I shipped USPS, but I have noticed that it makes a difference which direction you send something. From Iowa to the east coast = about 3 days. From the east coast to Iowa = 6 to 8 days. Not sure why this is, but it's happened to me often enough to see a pattern. Must be because it's uphill from there   :saywhat:   .
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
I'm leery of sending anything fragile or valuable via USPS. I shipped a bow to my brother-in-law. He worked from home to be sure to be there when it was delivered. No delivery. USPS says they delivered it to my brother-in-law's address and refused to pay the insurance.

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
in 8 years we have had 2  bows misplaced but every bow we have shipped has arrived and safe yours should turn up soon
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »
Its getting bad for sure.Bought some Ribteks from Biathlonman in Kentucky and bought a bow from davycrockett both sent Priorty Mail same day.Took the broadheads 3 days from Kentucky to Tx and took the bow 4 days to go 70 miles.I sent Bigjim some bow limbs Priority Mail from Tx to Georgia,took 15 days.He sent them back same way only took 4 days.   :dunno:
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©