3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW  (Read 845 times)

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Recently in Texas the Beaumont USPS office closed down and all of the SE TX mail now goes thru Houston.  Based on my understanding, this has caused numerous delays and lost items. I recently had an issue myself with a Money Order being lost in the mail and it has Ben 5 weeks. USPS will not pay a claim for 60 days.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »
I ship thousands of packages a year through usps. They lose about 3 or 4 packages a year, which is not bad at all when you think about it. Maybe a dozen or so a year take longer to get where they're going than they should. All things considered, they have the best service at the best rates and I will keep using them.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
I hope you get it soon.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »
I ordered some "buck fever" and asked for it to be rushed. They mailed it 'express 3day'. I got it 17days.. which was 5days after I got home from my hunting trip.
It was a $9 item not new BOW! Yikes...
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »
I process all the non PayPal payments for the Trad Gang St. Jude's Auction every year, I have had Priority Mail payments arrive four months after the post mark on the envelope.  Another time I sent a Postal Money Order Priority Mail for an item I purchased here, off the classifieds,half of it came back to me two weeks later and the seller received the other half of the money order a couple of days later.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
OH SNAP!!! Good luck, I hope she shows up.

Offline pockets

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
Too many instances to list them all.....
* Had a check sent to me on Feb 11 one year, it arrived July 11th (with the 2/11 postmark).
* Had a package take 2 weeks traveling 1 mile to the next post office over from mine.
* Currently have 3 packages I mailed from Columbus Ohio on 10/18/15 to NY, PA and CA....they are all listed as being stuck in Cincinnati Ohio right now. How they got to Cinci is anyone's guess.

That said, I've shipped and/or received thousands of packages over the past 20 years and the amount of issues have been relatively small.

For comparison, I had a bow shipped to me from CA last Thursday, it was on my porch yesterday when I got home.

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the info...still no bow...seven more days and sender can file a claim...maybe if it is costing them money they can find it!

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
Well seller just contacted me and the bow has been declared lost...he is filing the claim and refunding my money. Thanks to all and if you ship anything USPS insure it because they can not ensure its arrival>>>------<>

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
I'll just say I feel for you. Its hard for me to deal with the post office

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
usps lost my broadheads on order from 3 rivers enroute india (somewhat credible given the country change). contacted 3 rivers and they did right by me !
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
FYI to everyone following this thread, the PO has declared the bow "lost".  I have to now follow the claim procedure as I was the sender.  First time I've had it happen with USPS.  I hope it's the last.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
Just fyi kbetts is a great seller...he has kept me updated throughout and answered my emails...Thanks for your hard work kbetts!

Offline Dave Nash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
I've got issues  with  some arrows that were shipped  two weeks ago. Scanned when departed  the original place of shipment.Nothing scanned in nine days.Not my first bad experience with usps.They do get it right most of the time but a bummer when things get  lost in space.
Good luck guys
Dave
Great Plains t/d longbow 64"46@28
A&H acs 64"41@28
Stalker Coyote 64"43@28
Wapiti  Spike 66"47@28

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Well a lost bow, arrows and broadheads per this thread...all they need is a quiver...lol!

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
Lol... I still haven't heard if the ground turkey feathers I sent to Michigan the same day made it.....
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 07:02:00 PM »
Maybe you can Google the sorting facility where you saw it last and find the phone number. Call them with the tracking number.  Maybe? rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »
For years I had no trouble. Then, within the last couple of months I've had several get lost. One of them made it all the way from Kansas City to Detroit (Allen Park) sorting facility and then spent 5 days with no update. The shipper called the Allen Park sorting facility and I got it the next day. I would definitely call the last scanned facility.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
Appears all activity was at the original post office. Only tracking info is it was accepted and then left there to a sorting facility. No other tracking info available. Hoping they may look a little harder when they are faced with paying a claim >>>-----<>

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Still no bow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©