3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW  (Read 846 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS CANT FIND MY BOW
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Once sent a priority USPS package with lots of insurance to AK and it took over a month, but it finally showed up!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline H.P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
I've had no problems with things "missing" but this arrived last week:
   https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11138120_958792847491251_6802461101011516783_n.jpg?oh=8ee6ab9f1267f70be5a9812b19b56512&oe=56F22294  
   https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12193561_958792970824572_73022617942306422_n.jpg?oh=c7ea9acb45711b89854d6519dd99b849&oe=56F12692  

And a bow I had swapped with a guy in Sweetwater Texas was basically "hummed" over my locked garden gate and was 10 feet inside of it.  I had left instructions with my local Post Office to leave it at the PO and I'd pick it up there.  Well, got a text alert that it had been delivered to my "porch/front door".  Strange thing is, they would not have access to my "front door" since there's a locked gate you have to open to get inside my property.  Skid marks on the bottom of the box indicated that the box had slid along my walkway.  I don't think the postman scaled my gate and set it where it was laying.  SO, anyways, after I realized that it had been left at my residence I had to haul a$$ home to get it because it was about to pour down rain.  Yep.  Going to choose another shipping method next time I ship or have a bow shipped to me even if it costs a bit more.  Luckily THAT bow wasn't damaged at all.

Harris
US Army Vet (Ranger/Airborne/Air Assault) Desert Storm/Iraq/Afghanistan.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
Well you can say what you want about USPS, but you are going to be hard pressed getting better service for your shipping cost anywhere.  If you send your packages priority / Insured , they stand behind it.

Try getting an ins claim filed through UPS sometime and you'll figure it out real quick.... Fed ex is a joke as far as getting ins coverage goes.

I think if i found a package thrown over a fence like the one described above, i'd track down that mail carrier and have a serious talk about delivery ethics. THEN go to his boss..... with photos....

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
With all things it comes down to an individual doing his/her job or not doing her/her job.  I mailed a $22000 guitar to get a fret job from the local post office.  It was given rides in the cabs of trucks and vehicles all the way to the luthier and delivered by the Minneapolis postman by hand on his own time because he did not want to be responsible for it until the next Monday.  Locally I have had archery stuff delivered to a house one block from me, same house number, many times.  It is all about who is on duty at the time.  Repeated complaints by myself and Devoss make no difference.  In a small town where everyone knows each other, one would think that this would not happen.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
"It is all about who is on duty at the time. "

You got that right Pavan.... i had the coolest carrier for years that used to bring my packages back to the shop for me... then they got a new carrier and she refused to get out of her rig....She'd pull in the drive way and start blowing her horn, and expected you to come outside to her truck to sign for a package.... If you didn't hear her, she'd leave a slip and i had to go to the PO to pick it up..... Pain in the arse!  I finally got that fixed, and got her trained.... then they change carriers again.    :banghead:      :banghead:

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
USPS just got my bow from Oregon to NC in about 3 days. Thanks Kirk   ;)

Offline H.P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:
Well you can say what you want about USPS, but you are going to be hard pressed getting better service for your shipping cost anywhere.  If you send your packages priority / Insured , they stand behind it.

Try getting an ins claim filed through UPS sometime and you'll figure it out real quick.... Fed ex is a joke as far as getting ins coverage goes.

I think if i found a package thrown over a fence like the one described above, i'd track down that mail carrier and have a serious talk about delivery ethics. THEN go to his boss..... with photos....
...still haven't gone over the footage on my security camera, but plan on looking over it tonight....   :thumbsup:
US Army Vet (Ranger/Airborne/Air Assault) Desert Storm/Iraq/Afghanistan.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 04:11:00 AM »
I use USPS for all my shipping and have never had a problem. Occasionally I will have a package delivered that has to be signed for and I might not be home. I put a note on my gate and my mail lady will sign for me and throw it over the fence at my request. I rarely get stuff that is breakable.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
Congrats to all that got their packages in a timely manner and undamaged...still amazes me how they can misplace a larger package...>>>----->
Some dark mailroom holds a beautiful bow!

Online huntnelmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »
Still no bow or refund!

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
Man, I'm sorry to read about a lost bow!!!! I cringe every time I ship a bow, just wondering if it is going to make it to the destination, and get there undamaged! I sure hope you get your refund soon!

Bisch

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
I had a bow stolen by a USPS employee. I had sold it to a tradgang member and when I shipped it,  the clerk asked what was in the package I was insuring for $1000 I told her a bow. It was a take down widow PLV longbow. I noticed she put it on the floor by her chair, but I didn't think anything about it. in a few days the buyer asked me to check the status because he had not received it. it never showed leaving our usps office. I couldn't get any kinda response from them other than just wait, it will show up. well it did a few weeks later, in a nearby towns archery shop that a friend of mine worked in. apparently the clerk gave it to her son or husband who very surprisingly couldn't shoot a 60 lb left handed longbow, and he took it to the archery shop and traded it for a range finder. my buddy called me, knowing I shoot trad and lefthanded and asked if I was interested in the bow. I had to buy it back for the cost of the range finder then with the help of another tradganger who is a postmaster in Iowa , I filed a claim and started a investigation into it. I payed the buyer back his money.  to my knowledge the employee is still working for the usps, my claim paid at a rate determined by the usps and much lower than the $1000 insurance I had paid for. this really left me with a bad taste for the USPS, I have also had packages left out beside our road side mailbox rather than put on the front porch and even had one sitting on top of our mailbox.  I had to talk to the post office branch manager about that    and I use fed ex now all I can otherwise I will use UPS and have had no issues...we use fed ex exclusively at work because UPS is bad about not paying claims on damaged goods, where fed ex has never given us a problem.    Good luck, hopefully the same thing didn't happen to you
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©