3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: farm land two  (Read 213 times)

Offline GWhitworth

• Trad Bowhunter
farm land two
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
I have some coyote on the land i hunt, has someone killed a coyote on a deer hunt.

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: farm land two
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
Just about got a shot at four this weekend... I couldnt get them to close inside of 30 yards.  I kept trying to "squeek" them in a couple more steps but the biggest one wouldnt budge and the others werent goin unless he did..  So the long answer to your question is NO... unfortunately

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
I've killed 7 yotes with the bow. All while deer hunting.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
I'm not a hunter yet. I am curious about why you would want to kill a coyote.
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
well some places pay u a nice pennt if u send them thier fur....but from my knollege some farmers hate them...for messing with thier cattle and such

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Also to answer the "why shoot coyote" question, they have a pretty good hand in fawn mortality during the spring birthing season.  They scare deer during the season and generally they just get me agitated!!

Ive killed them while deer hunting as well, in fact Ill pass on all but a real dandy deer just to shoot a coyote.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »
coyotes are  extremely rough on the small game population..especially bunnies.. plus they like to eat cats and small dogs in subdivisions... i havent killed one with a bow yet ..but will take every chance i get...then i'll skin it and hang the fur over my sons bed..
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Is there a coyote season or can you hunt them all year?
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
There are many reasons to hunt coyotes.

While you can not blame them for doing what comes naturally, they do need to have their populations controlled like many other wild species.

For instance, coyotes ate my neighbors Jack Russels, all three of them.  Nothing left but a little blood. While I do not fault the coyote, there is a problem when they begin to over- populate and look for easier meals due to scarce resources.

Some might say we have encroached on their home ground, but this area is very sparsley populated and that is not the case in this instance.  There is very little infringement onto "their territory". When hunting this area, I seldom go without seeing a coyote.  I too would take a coyote if the opportunity presented itself.  Regulation of a species is far superior to overpopulation and disease.

Just My Opinion,
Charlie

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Because when they come into my yard to attack our pets they need to learn their manners.  When they eat 60 sheep on a 150 acre farm in 10 months (after I took 3 out in two trips that problem was solved) then they need their eating habits changed.  After seeing young calves turned inside out in one night they become expensive to the farms I hunt on.  Because they are just plain fun to hunt.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
YES!
TGMM

Offline KILLER B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
I had one fall to my shotgun deer hunting once. But last year I had one terrorizing a blackbird in a cornfield and he finaly got about 12 yards away and I started to draw on him and he noticed movement but wasn't sure what it was. Any way he saw me and stopped behind some twigs from the tree I was in. I thought I had a hole big enough to squeeze it through but when I let it fly the arrow kicked sideways and the fletching smacked him right in face. He jumped 6 feet straight in the air and was off like a rocket. Never saw him again.
Sticks and stones break deer bones.
One final word -Ramalamashamjam-

Offline bjohnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
depends on where you are about the season... but I ave never been anywhere when you could not shoot one during deer season...
58" 55@28 ozark mountain longbow
54" 48@28 jeffreys royal T/D
62" 50@28 Black Canyon 3pc T/D
62" 59@28 Crow creek 3pc T/D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©