3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: thinking about a talltines or blackwidow  (Read 552 times)

Offline danbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: thinking about a talltines or blackwidow
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
Have never shot a Tall Tines but you can't go wrong with a Widow!
"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
I have shot a few TT's, and can say nothing bad about them. But I am currently madly in love with my Black Widow.  I am shooting better than I ever have in 40+ years.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Charlie3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »
I won't make a recommendation other than trying before you buy. However, I will point out that Black Widow will copy most grips on their bows if you so desire. So if you like a particular grip style you can special order it on your Widow.

Offline Lethalflight57

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 03:05:00 AM »
I have shot both bows and believe both bows are exceptional examples of the quality and performance of recurve bows available to archers and bow hunters today. I always wanted a Widow and when I went to trad shows, or got an opportunity to shoot other guy's widows, I appreciated the bow and have always been attracted to the reverse limb mount concept.

However, I have never pulled the trigger on buying a Widow but have owned six Tall Tines recurves and multiple limb sets. And also have a Stickflinger longbow. The grip on the Tall Tines is very comfortable, very repeatable, the bow is smooth, quick, reliable, and shoots great! Bowyer Brian Wessel has a keen eye for riser woods and veneers, his craftsmanship is supurb, and he is extremely easy to work with to build to your desire and specs.  Over the years I have come to prefer his longer riser over the shorter riser, so I have sold some Tall Tines bows here on Tradgang. But I continue to order bows from Brian because for me, his bows are awesome shooters, feel great in the hand, and instill confidence during the hunt.

Like many Tradgangers I own other bows as well, but prefer the Tall Tines over a Widow.  That's the beauty of trad archery and the the number of bowyers currently availble to us as archers and bowhunters. We like what we like and have alot of bowyers and bows to choose from.

Shoot both if you get a chance to do so and see what "sings" to you in feel, performance, and appearance.

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
Never owned a TT but did shoot them a few times at shows. I have owned several Silvertips(very similar to TT IMO). Owned many Widows as well. Like the Tip the TT is more appealing in looks to me and the design maybe easier to make quiet than a Widow. That's the only advantage I experienced.

For me I've found bows I like better and 2 of them are based off of both designs. Try them all because you might miss a good one!

Offline Arctic Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
I've owned a tall tines and three widows. I sold the tall tines and kept one widow as my main bow to shoot. It takes a little more to get it quiet, but it can be done. My widows were a lot faster too.
Black Widow PSAX 56#@30.5"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©