3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick bites the dust  (Read 496 times)

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick bites the dust
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new on here and this is my first topic so i really hope this is the right place to post this. Anyways, I've been shooting traditional for about a year but decided to hold off using my samick journey for deer season until next year when I'm completely confident in my shooting. Today was one of those days where everything just clicks and I finally got my shot down to where if a deer is within 20 yards I know I'm making a good shot. Finally!!!.... but then I feel something on my riser with my left pointer, thinking it was just a blade or grass or something so I flip the bow over to wipe it off and it's not just grass or a leaf it's a big ol crack going from the front of my arrow rest all the way around the handle to the back of the rest making a full circle around the riser!!! Needless to say I'm pretty saddened at the death of my girl, especially on the day that traditional archery finally came together for me. I just wanted to post this to remind everyone, CHECK YOUR GEAR! If I hadn't felt that crack I could have had an even worse day, can't afford a hospital visit and a new bow. Or either for that matter    :biglaugh:  but all is well. Hope everyone has a great season, oh and CHECK YOUR GEAR!!!!

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Samick bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
welcome to trad gang!

sorry to hear that about yer bow.  since the samick journey is a 3pc, you'll just need a new set of limbs which for that bow aren't that expensive at all, typically $75.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
Thanks, Im really glad I joined. This site has helped me so much, and everyone seams really nice and helpful.

And this could be a blessing in disguise, my limbs are only 35 lbs and I've been wanting to go up to a hunting weight so I guess I'll be getting a heavier bow now. I think I'm leaning towards longbows now, Not to say that the journey has been a bad bow because it's been a great bow and I would have probably used it for a long time

Offline BelegStrongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
What poundage are you looking for? I have a 53# maddog prairie predator. Don't really want to sell it but I don't shoot it much anymore due to me spending time with my thunder child. Shoot me a pm and we can work something out for sure if you're interested. We need to get you back in the woods hunting ASAP!
RLTW
196? Colt Trail Blazer 39#@28"
Black Widow PCHX Osage 58" 52@28.

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
Maybe I missed something, but I believe the crack was in the riser.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
Wow I would not expect someone to stick their neck out for someone they know nothing about. I really appreciate that, but I already have meat in the freezer (coumpound kill a week ago) so I can wait to get my first trad kill next season. By the way I was actually looking at that exact bow, how do you like it?

And scattershot it was the riser that cracked but I was saying that the limbs were a little light to hunt so I'll be looking at a whole new bow since I would have to buy a new riser and limbs now to hunt

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
Had one fail on me during this season as well; yep it's a bummer
SWA Spyder

Offline BelegStrongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
I love the bow. It's definitely one of the best on the market for the money and Mike is a great guy.

As far as sticking my neck out for somebody I don't know, that's what this site is about. I haven't been here that long but that's the way it is here. I guess it just rubs off on you. A place to go where you can actually make real friends who are passionate about the same things you are. I'm not really good with words.
RLTW
196? Colt Trail Blazer 39#@28"
Black Widow PCHX Osage 58" 52@28.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by BelegStrongbow:
I love the bow. It's definitely one of the best on the market for the money and Mike is a great guy.

As far as sticking my neck out for somebody I don't know, that's what this site is about. I haven't been here that long but that's the way it is here. I guess it just rubs off on you. A place to go where you can actually make real friends who are passionate about the same things you are. I'm not really good with words.
I agree.  There are several good guys here.  There is something special about helping others out.  Love that about this place.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 07:27:00 AM »
The only thing I was a little concerned with the prarie is that it's probably a little short for my draw (31.5), but the price is crazy cheap for what you get.

We'll Im really grateful I found this site. And I'm a machinist, so if anyone needs any help with metal work or looking at footing or nock collars I've made some for myself just let me know

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 07:15:00 AM »
Perhaps you should let Samick know that the riser cracked.  That's info that they can use and should want.  They may also replace it for you if you send it back to them so they can research it.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Mdierker227

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Wow never like to hear about that

Offline 2nocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
Agree with Dave, I would contact samick or whatever vendor you purchased it from, they may cover it under warranty.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
Hopefully you get geared up with something new and better.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
I'm going to send samick an email tonight. If nothing else they'll at least know of a possible defect or mistake. I know if a part I make fails I like to know why.

A guy on here told me about omega bows, and I really like his original design so that might be my next bow.

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
Broken bows suck, but it just happens sometimes!

Good luck, and welcome to the Gang!

Bisch

Offline Leinsg91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »
Well guys, I contacted 3 rivers and sent them pictures of the riser and they are shipping out a new riser tomorrow!

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Leinsg91, Great News & welcome to Trad Gang!  :wavey:    :campfire:  

Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline TealCoin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
Awesome news!!

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
Cheers to 3rivers!
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!