3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly Stik Arrows?  (Read 380 times)

Offline dbldroptyne

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly Stik Arrows?
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Does anybody have any expierience with these arrows? Tuneability? Penetration? Durability?

Offline derron hollenbacher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly Stik Arrows?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
i have just purchased my first dozen of them. so far, they fly great out of of 74 kodiak mag. i can't wait to stick one in an animal. i will update you on any experiences (good or bad)

please do the same

good hunting,

bacher

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
I've tested Ed's Griz STick designs through various evoluationary designs.  

I think they are some of the toughest sticks out there. They, like most carbons, take a bit of tinkering to get tuned just right, but using OL Adcock's website outline on bareshaft "planning" method of tuning, it took just a short while.

The current woven carbon cloth is amazing. I've torture tested them and they are quite tough.

They are pricey, but they were designed for the toughest game, great penetration and weight without having to add extra weight.  If they fit your need, they will perform!!!

I've shot them out of Morrisons @48 to 54# and other bows cut well past center on the risers. On some longbows with AMO 1/8" shy of center cut, they tend to need more front weight.

Good luck.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
The Alaskans are very durable and worth the cash. I wasn't impressed with the Sitkas, they were too brittle and liked to break behind the insert on me.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline granny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I just bought six Grizzly sitka`s. They are the newest and are designed for low poundage bows in the 40-60# range. I draw 28", cut them to 29" and put the insert in with a 125 grain point , fletched and nocked and they fly like darts. This is the best arrow flight i have ever seen.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
I have Alaskans from two seperate batches and the older ones are quite a bit stiffer and work better for me. I love the shafts but have found the Safaris work better for me personally. I intend to order a dozen after the season here when I have more time to retune and get used to the weight difference between them and the 2317 aluminums I'm using now. I've had a little trouble making a satisfactory transition to carbon arrows after so many years of shooting alums, and the Grizzly Stiks are the closest I've come to being happy with them.    Grant

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
I have shot them quite a bit.  I have used the Sitkas, Alaskans, and Safaris.  As you would expect, the stiffer, heavier arrows are more durable.  They are tough to beat for penetration and durability.  They do take a bit more time to tune than some, though.
If you are interested in the Alaskans send me a PM.  I have a couple of dozen brand new, already cap wrapped that I might part with for the right trade or at a discounted price   :) .  I am primarily using the Safaris now.

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
i bought the sitkas earlier this year, not as durable as i had hoped. but it took a rock adn a 4x4 to break the two that i HAVE borken...
but im kinda scared to shoot them at as much crap as my cheaper arrows...

ive been tryin to field test them, no luck yet....
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©