3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull T5  (Read 364 times)

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
Double Bull T5
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
I have a chance to pick up a used T5. I was going to wait and pick up a matrix, but I could get a really good deal on the T5. I have sat in both and they are obviously great quality blinds.

I wondered, however, for those of you who have hunted out of the T5, do you feel at all handicapped in terms of view? The matrix obviously has the 360 netting but the T5 seems to have ample portals for shooting through.

I know the matrix is all the rage these days, but practically speaking does it offer better/more shot opportunities?

Thanks,
46r

Offline roper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull T5
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
I have both the BS5(same as T5) and the matrix and
both are great blinds....I close both blinds on the back sides and both are easy to shoot out of.
allen

Offline crittergitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
I have both and honestly I prefer shooting from the T5 but the Matrix just feels like it gives you more viewing area with less restriction. If the deal is good take it, I think you'll be happy with it.
Quote from my son "Your Deer hunting just keeps screwing up our duck hunting!"

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
I have a Matrix, and the only concern that I could think of is that the T5 doesn't have the netting.  Some believe that the black hole left by the shooting ports spooks deer, and when you cover it with the mesh it doesn't.  I still have to experiment with mine more this year to figure it out for myself.  Either way if it's a good price the quality can't be beat.  JMHO.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
The T5 has netting and works great.  I have two of them and will pick another if I get a chance.  Mine are the recurve model with the higher ceiling.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Jim Rocole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
I have both and you can't go wrong with either. I have been fortunate enough to have taken deer using both. I prefer the view out of the Matrix better but I could get along just fine with the T5. I did have to shoot out of the T5 to get used to shooting out of the portal. I think it is depth perception more than anything. THe Matrix offers a larger viewing window and it was easier for me adjust too.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
I have the T 5, I also had the matrix, I took the matrix back, and exchange it for the T 5, shooting traditional, you can also shoot out of the viewing windows of the T 5, I have the light rods in mine, it light and it up by 4 lbs., I was thinking about going down to the T 2 but that's a really extreme, you would have to have short bow.  I enjoy the T 5, and I did get a good deal on it brand-new $276.00.

If it is one of the newer ones, I would take and tie bungee cords, to each of the cords that are often the top corners, bring one down with the bungee cord to the stakeout, and another one backup to the roof, so that you can stay can stick branches underneath it, it works out great.  I do not take and pin my camouflage screening to the window, I do it just like in the video, out one window in the the other window, and tuck them in underneath the rods.  You will need the use the 50/100 rule, that is if deer can see 50 yd. you need to brush in, if they can see 100 yd. you leave it out in the open doing nothing to it except for putting in the camouflage screens in the windows.

If it's a good deal I would take one, they're becoming really popular and they are the best blind out there, of course now, as just my opinion.  I know there's other blinds out there that work.  I also like the double bull three-legged stool, it doesn't cut off circulation, you can drop down to one knee or both, and you can swivel to the left or right in net stool to take a shot, I think that stool is a great.

And I had my roof sewn in wrong when I purchased mine three years ago, when I went to take in to have them put the light rods in, they found out it was sewn wrong, they could not correct it, and they gave me a brand-new blind, they have slogan

" you buy it, your buddy breaks it, we fix it"

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Adirondak,
Here's my take on the "visibility" factor.  If you know the movement of deer where you're placing the blind, it's no big deal (T5 vs. Matrix).  

If you still aren't sure of deer movement, the T5 has a minor liability with vision....you'll find yourself wondering if you've missed any action in the area.  That's the only issue I've had with my T5 is wondering if I've missed anything and trying to "sneak peek" out the back windows just in case.

Either would serve you well.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat....especially if it's a good deal.

Hope this helps.
homebru

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
"If you still aren't sure of deer movement, the T5 has a minor liability with vision....you'll find yourself wondering if you've missed any action..."

Homebru,

That was my thinking as well. And even when you know the movement patterns deer always surprise me with their approach from an unexpected direction. I think the liability of the T5 is minor, as you say, but I think I am leaning toward the matrix for exactly the reason you suggest.

Thanks for your thoughts.

46r

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©