3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 9.5yrs spent in the same woods with a very special buck and we final get to meet!  (Read 2011 times)

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
His body size is incredible!!!!!!!!   :eek:

Congrats on a True Monarch   :clapper:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
:eek:  Seeing a pic of him besides the 150" class 10 point really drive home how big he was!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Super cool to have a history on a deer like that. Nice buck to finally put on the table. What a blessing.   :thumbsup:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
What made you want to decide to take him after all these years?
Kinda reminds me of the story of the one wensel brother. After meeting up with an old monarch(posted about on here) let him go n live out the rest of his life.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

That buck is enormous!

Congrats on a great buck!

Bisch

Offline RedRidge

• Trad Bowhunter
Great Story and Deer!
-Connor-
62" Fox High Sierra 48@28
Tanasi Longbow 47@28

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
That's a really cool story and a great buck. Cool he stuck around that long! Congrats!!

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
That's awesome, Tracy! What a toad that guy is!!

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
:bigsmyl:     :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :archer:

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great story and buck. I loved all the photos you have compiled. Congratulations.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
Talk about Cool !!! Congrats Tracy   :clapper:  

Bill

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story...and an awesome deer! Congrats brother!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful buck brother way to build a story with a great buck and close the deal on him that's awesome!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Paul Cousineau

• Trad Bowhunter
WHat an amazing animal. Congrats on tagging him.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Paul Cousineau:
WHat an amazing animal. Congrats on tagging him.
2x. Very special deer.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Incredible story Tracy!  My congrats buddy....   :clapper:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
My son and I haven't had much time to hunt this year or put out any cams for fun. The area were we have most of the picks they are building a new house and cleared everything out timber and all. We had to take down stands and blinds right after turkey season, we have hunted this place for 22yrs and know just about every inch of it though.

We have stands up on benches on the ridges around the place and figured that's were the deer would change there patterns to anyway. That's were my short hunt would begin!

I got in the 10ft stand at 2:55pm gosh I missed this ridge and bench so I took a quick pick.

20 min later doe runs by stops by me, I'm looking at her to see if her glands are wet and crash up over the edge out of the valley comes a huge buck looking for. I knew she was being chased and ready, finally got him to stop at 16yds broadside and made a complete pass thru shot. As soon as he was running off that's when I seen it was "Crazy Legs"

When you see a deer that size coming you know your going to shoot I never even looked to see which buck it was. Fourth hunt of the year first hunt on that ridge this season it was a good day.

I only ever had one other shot at him and I blew it two years before I snort wheezed him in and man he came in fast. I knew then that if I or anybody else got him he needed to be weighed that body was unreal. So I bought a scale just in case.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Just awesome buddy!

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
:eek:    :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©