3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 9.5yrs spent in the same woods with a very special buck and we final get to meet!  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
That kill would definitely have a bitter sweet kind of feeling. After having a history with him for all those years you probably had a soft spot in ya for that old brute. Congrats man, awesome deer!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
That's sweet. I shot my best buck after a four year hunt for him. Back then we had no cameras...just tracks and scrapes and rubs and every once in a while an apple tree helped in making venison. The buck in my avatar was the one I'm speaking of. Never saw him til I shot him. I know the feeling and am  happy for you.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
I've been following this thread from the beginning and every time I go to post I'm speechless. I can only imagine the trials old crazy legs went through during his life. A true warrior no doubt. You have honored him well in this thread. Hopefully you'll share what you come up with for his final resting memorial... Well done!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Really neat stuff........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Great buck, great history, and great job telling us all about it, Tracy!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Couldn't have happened to a better fellar..
Congrats Tracy...
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad you got the story and pictures up here Tracy.
And congratulations again Amigo. A great story indeed and well told.   :thumbsup:

Offline KSCATTRAPR

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool, heck of a buck!

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful Animal, Congratulations!!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you Tracy, thank you for sharing this buck with us. I know it feels like you lost a friend and that when you are glassing it will be for CrazyLegs even though you know where he is. Sometimes when we have a relationship with a deer like that the kill is anticlimactic. The journey WAS the destination. You deserve him my friend. Long live Crazy Legs!
Mike Davenport

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Love this story. How amazing is it to have that kind of history with a buck.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
One of the best story's
 about a special deer that I have read in a while.
Congratulations on a "Legendary Whitetail".

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Really bitter sweet.  Sad actually.  Im glad u got him.  Great thread.

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I forward to your posts every year about this time.  Thanks for sharing your buck with us!! That is wonderful!! Happy for you!!

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
great buck , Thanks for sharing
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
wow that is a GIANT old buck.  congrats!
is it September yet??

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Fine Buck Tracy!! congrats.RC

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations on such a fine animal. This is one of the coolest stories I've read here on the Gang!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks guys! Just set down been helping butcher another good buck for a friend all day.

I sure appreciate all the nice comments and will I miss him you bet, sad not really he has passed on some great genes to a lot of does for a lot of years. His size and mass which is hard to tell in the picks because of that body is always welcome. I'm not sure who his dad was but we've taken some great deer out of there for years and he has done nothing to hurt are breeding stock that's for sure.

His name will not go away for a long time and I will be reminded by him when I find a spot to display him with some of his blood brothers from the same woods

Or maybe this wall, please excuse my messy shop just built this wall and still getting everything put up on it. Doors aren't ready yet.

He will have a special spot with every year of pictures to go with the mount and his sheds I found.

Thanks again!     :thumbsup:

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©