3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Low that i have never came close to feeling...  (Read 533 times)

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
A Low that i have never came close to feeling...
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
I just experienced a low I have never experienced before hunting. I have been after a buck since October 1st he's a beautiful 8point. I've been doing QDM with multiple other hunters around and have finaly seen results this year. I've finaly figured his travel pattern out after multiple encounters from a distance. He lived in a small chunk of woods to the north of my field I hunt. Unable to hunt that woods I stayed put knowing he'd make a mistake ......well he did Sunday morning I stayed home to hang out with wife and kids for first time this season and after a lot of talking and investigating the freshly fallen snow in Monday ...the Buck was shot by a trespassing neighbor by shotgun Sunday morning . The man had no permission from the farmer I hunt nor the elderly couple who own the bucks living quarters. The farmer did not wantbto press charges but was very upset. I respected his wishes and am moving on.  The hard part is the man lives right across street from where I park. He use to hunt all that land but was kicked off years ago for not obeying property owners wishes. The buck is about a 125" deer not that the size matters I would be just as upset about a doe. He had no right and I am.just sad now.
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Low that i have never came close to feeling...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
I want to ad I found blood all over and gut pile. Aldo saw picture of deer with neck shot explaining the one spot where there was lots of blood as week as tire tracks in snow

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that! I hate poachers.

Bisch

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
I too have dealt with a trespasser/poacher who had been trespassing for so many years on a property that they felt entitled to it...theres nothing more frustrating when it comes to hunting....id miss a deer anyday rather than see him poached by a trespasser...
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
I would contact your game department and local game warden with a name ect.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:21:00 AM »
I agree with Mr. Arnette! Although you personally can't press charges, this is a crime that shouldn't go unpunished. While respecting the property owners stance regarding the matter, I would still bring the situation to the attention of a conservation officer. The CO might just ask the property owners of they'd mind him talking to the trespasser to issue a warning without any further legal obligation. It might be enough to make the trespasser think twice about poaching someone else's deer next year!

If he doesn't mind trespassing on your nieghbor's land, I'm sure it wouldn't bother him to trespass on yours!
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
I agree, if there are no consequences for his actions, he will not have a problem doing it again.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »
I would report it to state game officers...that is not just a crime against neighbor (trespassing) but against the state itself and he may have no choice on whether charges are pressed or not if they are notified...as the state owns the deer.

Report him so if nothing else they can investigate the kill site, drag, and that he was involved....after that it is in their hands.

Can be as simple as reporting what you know and they do the rest.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
I agree with the above statements! I would report it asap! If he gets away with it this time he will surly do it again, Over and over! No one is above the law even though they feel they are in the right just because they are used to getting away with whatever they want!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
Yup, report him.

My grandfather has some property back in Iowa, we keep catching people on trail cam walking through at all hours of the night, really strange.

My grandfather is rather old school, I would hate to be the trespasser if my grandpa catches them   :eek:
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
The deer "belong" to the state. Report him to the state Game Warden.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
I would report the guy, even if the event can't really be pursued. Poachers are low life, but unfortunately, it will never be possible to eliminate their illegal activities.
Sam

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Not sure where you are in Michigan, but the CO's around me want to know the players involved in these situations. I work with them and also hunt with a few of them. They do appreciate a heads up when a poacher is active.
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Report it to your DNR.  They will follow it up....

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
It really sucks! Has happened to me several times. I passed this deer three times during its life. He was 4 years old here. From three to four he made a huge rack jump. Was wanting to give him one more year. We found him dead in the spring while turkey hunting. Shot with a rifle by a trespassing neighbor.

176"

I took these pics from my stand. He was a beautiful specimen. I saw him coming and he stopped at 10 yards and never knew I was there. Oh if I could have that day back.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Sooner or later Karma will get that guy    :deadhorse:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »
Well following up with this whole ordeal he's using the old man next four as his scapegoat. He gas dementia and Eben though his wife has said no hunters there he's saying the husband told him it was OK but that's BS. Anyhow he neck shot the deer for one reason and that was to drop him in the field I hunt do he didn't have to track him and that explains the 4ftsize area if blood spray. Anyhow I'm hoping to get him in some trouble but well see

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
It's happened to me too, the fellow actually showed me the buck and bragged about it.  Probably scored 165 at least, it was a monster.  I've been in close contact with the game warden ever since  ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
Sounds like typical Michigan to me. I'm sorry to say.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Yes pearl drums I agree

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©