3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most comfortable ground seat?  (Read 1951 times)

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
Most comfortable ground seat?
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
I'm looking for a ground hunting seat with the following priorities in order (1 is most important):  
  • 1 COMFORTABLE over an extended period of time
  • 2 Swivels QUIETLY
  • 3 Portable
  • 4 Under $200
I'd like this to be a one time purchase and to get it right the first time.  I'm just not going to be still enough when uncomfortable and I need a better option than plopping down at the base of a tree or on a stump at times.  For portability, it needs to be able to be easily hauled in/out a few hundred yards in thick brush with the weapon in one hand and a light in the other.  Whether that means it has a pack, shoulder strap, waist strap, or whatever doesn't really matter and neither does weight.  What does matter is that hauling it in isn't like hauling a lawn chair in that'll make a ton of noise and be too cumbersome to get into the thicker areas.  What do you guys recommend?
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most comfortable ground seat?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Millennium swivel seat I have used it for up to 8 hours and very comfortable. folds up and you can place it on your back.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
I really like my hammock seat... took it to bear camp back in September and had no problem sitting in it for a straight 6 hours..... for multiple days!

It doesn't look like much, but boy is it comfortable!

Good luck, shoot straight and God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by maxwell:
Millennium swivel seat I have used it for up to 8 hours and very comfortable. folds up and you can place it on your back.
x2
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
hammock seat is my go to seat for long sets. Good back support and it will work with my fat a$$.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 05:28:00 AM »
Millennium! I put a set of shoulder straps on for easier carrying. It is very comfortable, quiet and easy to shoot from.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
Definitely the Millenium. Several of my group spent the better part of 12 hours on them each day for a week out in Kansas at the beginning of the month.
I even left two of them with my buddy out there when we came home...he is very good to me when we visit him to hunt.
I have had and tried lots, but this seat beats them all for comfort first, lightness and portability second and quietness ...maybe that should be second. Anyway they are great and we currently have them on sale for 10% off.

If you need one or want one that straps to a tree, the millennium has a great seat like that also and considerably less expensive...yes, we have those on sale too.
thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
I'm using the strap on tree Millenium seat and can sit for hours comfortably. It doesn't swivel but I can easily change direction I'm facing if the wind shifts. Lightweight (4 lbs) easily packable-strap onto my usual backpack with bungies and ready to go.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »
Hammock seat x 3
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline FBB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
Millennium, Millennium, Millennium! Bought one late last season but didn't have a chance to use it that much. Been using it all this year and can't get over how comfortable it is. My brother also has one and says the same thing. We are both a bit larger than most I'm 6'6", 270 & my brother is 6'9" 330 and we find this chair incredibly comfortable. Do a search here and you'll find a thread about one of the guy's setting  up a back pack system with this chair. (Excellent system & great idea BTW). I took that idea and modified it slightly by getting rid of the rigged Molle 2 pack frame and just used the shoulder straps and lumbar pad. This year I took another step and added straps with quick release buckles so that I can attach my vest and coat to it. Even though the bag that holds the legs is large enough to carry my extras I'm going to add another smaller bag so I can carry just a bit more. I've been a ground hunter for 30 years and have been on a quest for the most comfortable, easiest to set up, easy to pack system and believe that I have found it.

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
I can vouch for the comfort of the Millenium hang on. I found 2 on sale for $19.95 a couple years ago.    :)      

Anyone know if the Waldrop Pac Seat is still available?
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
N/A

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by foxbo:
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=141824#000012  

This is the thread FBB spoke of.
Looks like this is the route to go. Lots of endorsements, fits the requirements, added pack harness for ease of transport.  Thanks for the quick and relevant suggestions to narrow the field.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
You will not be disappointed with this chair. The only down side is trying to stay awake! :)
N/A

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
does the millennium chair turn, doesn't mention it in the ad..  I like that though because I sat in a millennium treestand for the first time this year and was impressed with the comfort!  seeing this millennium chair is 7lbs I'm wondering now does it turn or is it fixed and can the height be raised or lowered?
"Us vs Them"

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
I haven't tried the Millennium but my favorite for the past couple of years has been the original aluminum Bale Blind Chair.  Very comfortable, swivel seat and quiet.  https://redneckblinds.com/img/uploads/products/28/portable-hunting-stand-chair__large.jpg
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Buckeeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »
For those that use the Millennium, how bad do the legs sink into the ground after putting weight on it?.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
The Millennium feet don't sink in the ground. They have a swiveling pad for feet.

On a good day, I'm about 300 lbs + and have had no issues with the seat. I also own or have owned most all of the seats mentioned on threads just like this one and find the Millennium G-100 to be the most comfortable and portable.
BigJIm
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
Hammock seat, when I'm not sure were I'll be setting up. Almost don't know I have it with me. I mostly set it up in fence rows, on anything from very small to large tree or fence posts. Will not work in my DB blinds.

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Big Jim-
Question to be clear-Does the Millennium have a tree strap system or just the independent chair legs? Thank you.

This is a great thread because the technology is changing all the time! Thanks guys.

Kenny    :bigsmyl:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©