3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: northernmistlongbows  (Read 885 times)

Offline Bernd

• Trad Bowhunter
northernmistlongbows
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:38:00 AM »
Hello everybody,
a bit more than a year ago, I ordered a bow from Steve Turay of northern mist longbows. I paid him 300$ in advance, so he could see, that I was (and am)seriously interested in his bow. We talked to each other via facebook and everything seemed to be alright untill the beginning of summer. Since then, I didn't hear anything of him, there are no more posts of new bows on his fb-page and all my tries to reach him (email and fb-message) weren't answered. So now I'm a bit worried about him and I don't know what to do. Of course, I don't want to spam him with too many emails, but, on the other side, would like to know, if he's still willing to build my bow and just too busy at the moment. I don't have any problems with waiting for the bow, because I know, Steve's bows are well worth even a two years wait, but I just would like to be sure, that one day, I can hold that bow in my hands.
Do you know anything about him, that could explain his absence, or am I just too unpatient?

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: northernmistlongbows
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »
Call him...he is the one to explain any issues.  Not too impatient if he told you it would be done by now or would be hearing back from him.  If no response on email then your stuff may be going to spam folder or he is busy and overlooked.

Steve Turay
620 Oliver Rd, Unit C
Montgomery Alabama 36117

(906) 458-5035

[email protected]

It is also hunting season so would assume steve is trying to enjoy his hobby and pursuits as well.  Calling is always best before going to forum to start a thread unless ALL OPTIONS have already been exhausted in my opinion.

Good luck...
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Steve just finished making move from Michigan's UP to Alabama.  Please give him a call.  I just spoke with him yesterday.

I see you are in Europe.  I'll let him know of your concern.  Steve is a top notch guy.

Gregg
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline djohnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:39:00 AM »
I have known Steve for several years---he is a top notch guy as previously mentioned. Give him a call. I talk to him often. I own several of his bows and have been on list longer...but I fully understand the fullness of ones plate. I do not mind, for they are the only bows I shoot anymore. No worries, he WILL take care of you. Spoke to him a couple of days ago and he is getting settled in and is fixing to start cranking out bows. Give him a ring. Blessings.

Darren
John 3:16

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
I have a bow coming up on his list. October was the due date but I'm sure due to the major move that got set back a bit. I have tried to call him now for 2 weeks and get no response. I just want to touch base with him on my bow build, but with no success.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
I have a bow on order that is due in December. I hope it is not unduly delayed.
Sam

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
Just talked with Steve a few days ago give him a call. Besides moving he lost his mother unexpectedly this year. Steve will be happy to talk with you give him a call he is not on FB much any more.
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
No worries with Steve.  He is a stand up guy and as mentioned he has had lots of changes.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
He made me a bow a couple of months ago. Never shot a better hill bow! Call him

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »
Top of the line bow and guy. Life is full of things . He will get back with you. RC

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
I've known Steve for over 30 years, no worries he's a stand up guy. He's going through a transition right now with his move.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
After reading about other people's concerns, I just spoke to Steve a few minutes ago. All is well. He just got his shop up and running yesterday, and there is still more work to finish it up. I have a bow that was originally due to be ready in December, but Steve said it will probably be ready in January. Not to worry!
Sam

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
I hope mine that was due in October will be ready shortly.......I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
My buddies and I have order a bunch of his bows over the years...no worries...it may be delayed a bit but he has always come through.

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
Bernd, In May i ordered a bow from Steve at the Baltimore Classic, first time i meet him.He said it should be done by Nov/Dec. but since he moved to Alabama i know it will be longer and im not worried one bit. If i remember right i think i even told him if he will be there next yr just bring the bow instead of shipping it. Also if you don't hear anything pm me and i'll get in touch with a friend of mine who is an ASL bowyer and friends with Steve and see if he can pass on the message. Hang in their

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
Steve sent my bow several months ago, it is worth the wait.  He said, he was looking for a place in Alabama at the time and was going back to start moving. He prefers to talk rather than email, so that is probably why you have not heard plus he may need a new email address. Check the time zones and give him a call, he is usually up early.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bernd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 06:32:00 AM »
Thank you so much for all your answers!
I'm really glad to hear that Steve is well. It must have been a rough year for him with the loss of his mother and then having to move more than 1000 miles. If I had to move 1000 miles, I'd end up in Spain, Norway, Northern Africa, or Ukraine. That seems to be very far for an eoropean ;-)... .
So, I think, I'll give him a bit more time to get settled and call him after christmas.
Thanks again and best wishes for the advent season to you all!
Bernd

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
Wow, the UP down to Alabama - that's a change.
"Oh yeah, hey der - you betcha"  Fit right in with all the Southern folk.
Southern Mist Bows??
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
I tell you what, I had a chance recently to travel through southern Alabama from Montgomery down to the gulf coast and saw some of the most beautiful Pine Forests that I have ever seen.  Saw all kinds of critters everywhere too.  I think Steve moved to a wonderful area and you Alabama boys have been sitting on a secret down there! LOL.  Already planning on ordering a NM classic and heading back to southern Alabama for a pig hunt.  Can't wait.  Hey, wasn't Howard Hill from Alabama?
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
Oh my goodness, I didn't know about his mom. Steve is a first rate fellow, and as I am not male, I cannot know what he is going through in the loss of his mother and moving south.

Please be patient with him, and if it is absolutely necessary, I will lend you any of my bows that I have bought from him, about 46 @ 26".

I have a Whisper and a Shelton. I have sold my Classic.

Killdeer   :archer2:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©