3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H 3D riser verus JK low wrist  (Read 290 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
A&H 3D riser verus JK low wrist
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Please explain the difference between these two risers, if you've had personal experience with both.  How close are these two risers in design?

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: A&H 3D riser verus JK low wrist
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
The 3D riser is the standard riser with a narrower throat.  The JK riser has about 3/8-inch taken off the heel and the throat of the riser is larger than the standard riser, about 3/16 inches deeper front to back and about 1/8-inch side to side.  

Because of the small throat on the 3D riser, it's only warranted for weights up to 50#.

If you shoot with a higher wrist, you'll probably like the 3D riser.  If you like a lower wrist, that's what the JK riser is.

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
I have the new 3DH which is built for over 50 pounds. Mine is 51@27, 62". I love this riser, slim, positive and longbow like. Doesn't feel like a recurve with longbow limbs. Also doesn't hurt that this bow equals any recurve I've owned for speed with a 600 grain arrow.  . Frank
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
They also have a 3DH riser that doesn't have the 50# weight restriction as the 3D riser has.I like the looks of the 3DH riser,it has a lower grip like the JK riser.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks. Ive wanted a JK low wrist, 64" A&H. I purchased a used 66" 45@28, 3D riser A&H CX. Great bow, just don't know if I like the really flat palm, locator grip of the 3D.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©