3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many still shoot Endless Loop Strings ??  (Read 837 times)

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many still shoot Endless Loop Strings ??
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
What's a heavier string? Let's say 1 inch of a 12 strand ff string for example? What's going to weigh more, 1 inch of 12 strands with no twists or 1 inch of 12 strands with 4 or 5 twists? In my mind when you un twist the 4 or 5 twists in that 1 inch of string, it'll be longer than 1 inch meaning more material and more weight. I know it may or may not be that big of difference....everyone has done their own testing but there are so many variables in testing its hard to say....but a lighter string will mean a faster arrow.  But if you want an easier time tuning a flemish is the way to go. Heavier strings will absorb noise and so will the twists. I personally like to work to perfect some things so that's why I like wood arrows and endless strings because once you get them right there isn't anything better...that's just my opinion.
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:

Originally posted by sawtoothscream:
...i had to buy a endless loop string from a local proshop so i could shoot.  set it up how my other string was and gave it time to settle. fired 3 arrows at 10 yds and broke the nock off one and all 3 were touching feathers. will work until my new strings come in
"will work until my new strings come in"      :laughing:  [/b]
shot pretty good with it this weekend but it just kept stretching. would get in braced good then shoot half a 3d course and just to twiste it mid way to keep the brace hieght.  but ya shot pretty good with that string on it
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »

...i had to buy a endless loop string from a local proshop so i could shoot.  set it up how my other string was and gave it time to settle. fired 3 arrows at 10 yds and broke the nock off one and all 3 were touching feathers. will work until my new strings come in
"will work until my new strings come in"       :laughing:   [/b]
shot pretty good with it this weekend but it just kept stretching. would get in braced good then shoot half a 3d course and just to twiste it mid way to keep the brace hieght.  but ya shot pretty good with that string on it [/b]
was the string fiber dacron?  it's either that and/or poor construction that gave ya stretching fits.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Where is Rob's tutorial on making endless loop strings?

Any help appreciated!

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
topic archives, how to - resources ....

endless spinning

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

quote:
"will work until my new strings come in"        :laughing:    [/b]
shot pretty good with it this weekend but it just kept stretching. would get in braced good then shoot half a 3d course and just to twiste it mid way to keep the brace hieght.  but ya shot pretty good with that string on it [/b]
was the string fiber dacron?  it's either that and/or poor construction that gave ya stretching fits.
yup dracon. had to rush to find a string and only could use what the local shop had. that was some stretchy stuff haha.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
i just refuse to deal with a dacron string on a "modern" stick bow.  if the bow can't handle hmpe bow string fibers, it sure ain't for me.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
i just refuse to deal with a dacron string on a "modern" stick bow.  if the bow can't handle hmpe bow string fibers, it sure ain't for me.
yup. just got my replacement FF string and my SBD is on order.  felt funny having to  twiste up the string half way through the 3d course every time i shot one. will never get anything dracon again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©