3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: JD Berry service after the sale  (Read 484 times)

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
JD Berry service after the sale
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »
Just have to post about the exceptional service you get when you purchase a Berry bow.
Was having a little trouble with one of my Berry bows, loved the bow but just wasn't quite a perfect fit. My problem not with the bow. James said bring it over and he'd take care of it.
He said to bring my own shooting gear cause he was tired of me breaking all of his. Didn't help as I ended up breaking his favorite tillering string. Anyway, he tweaked the bow until it was a perfect match and then refinished it.
Even got some goat hunting stories thrown in while the spray was drying. Asked him how much he wanted the check made out for and he said "no charge I want my customers happy." It's reassuring to know that you'll be taken care of after the sale. Thank you James!! Now the wait for my Taipan.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD Berry service after the sale
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
I have a Taipan on order, too.  I don't yet know about service after the sale (I'm sure it is very good), but the service BEFORE the sale was fantastic!  James really took plenty of time answering my questions and helping me order the bow and specs I needed.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by ronp:
I have a Taipan on order, too.  I don't yet know about service after the sale (I'm sure it is very good), but the service BEFORE the sale was fantastic!  James really took plenty of time answering my questions and helping me order the bow and specs I needed.
x2. Just had a conversation with him yesterday, where he got what I wanted down to a gnat's butt, plus got me to change my mind on a point or two that he, as the bowyer, would know better than me, as the buyer. Thanks, James.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
I am not surprised in the least.

I feel blessed to be able to call Mr Berry my friend.

I call him Mr Berry not because of anything other than the respect I have for the man.

J.D. is one of a kind as it seems all of the good bow builders are and I could make you a list of those as well but in this case we're just talking about Mr Berry, his bows, and his service to his customers.

In a nut shell,they just don't come any better.

Personally I see James as one who continually tries to elevated his building,performance and service bar regularly.(that's gotta be tough when it's already near or at the top of the game.)

My 2 cents worth.

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
I agree !!

James is one of the best in the business, both his bows and the way he treats his customers and friends...

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
It's extremely hard to do business with him and not end up a close friend.  

You'll know you've made it into his inner circle when he starts letting you see pictures of his secret stash of Balsa wood 'n Pine risers, and the Robin's egg blue Formica lams.     :biglaugh:
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
I have been tempting myself about a Northstar, but you guys are keeping James so busy, I don't want to bother him.  Besides, last night, while my wife was messing up the garden and I was splatting up my arrows, she yells "knock it off."  She had the nocks off part right.  I am halfway afraid to change bows now, I have never been this good before.

Offline Moreammo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
I completely agree!!!

James is awesome.

Mike, am i to understand i missed a post showing off your bow? new or old she's got a fresh coat lets see it!

:)

Jon
JD Berry Morning Star "Dudley"
Bama Expedition III
Union Jack LB

Swift | Silent | Deadly

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
J.D.'s service after the sale is the best and most prompt I've ever experience.On a scale of 1-10 he is a 10+.. James has a great sense of humor and extremely patient with questions before and after the sale.

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Sorry Jon, no pics of either the Morningstar or Vixen. Need to do something about that. Going with the Taipan for the next one. Asked James which bow I should get and he said Taipan. I asked why and he said "cause it costs more."   :laughing:

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Green:
It's extremely hard to do business with him and not end up a close friend.  

You'll know you've made it into his inner circle when he starts letting you see pictures of his secret stash of Balsa wood 'n Pine risers, and the Robin's egg blue Formica lams.      :archer:
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Robin's egg blue formica lams, particle board, balsa wood or pine riser..? So many choices...?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
Lucky for James most of us don't live within shouting distance from his shop or he'd have to file restraining orders to get anything done!    :readit:
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
You weren't supposed to let that secret out Danny.  Now everyone's gonna want one!         :D
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline ottertails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Hey guys,  its been awhile since I've posted here, due to no more computer, moving and not finding my password..... All I use now is this iPhone.   Anyway, I have been lurking and I see that several of you have discovered JD Berry...... I've bought several of James bows and for me they are as good as it gets.....and so is James!    I'm also waiting on a Taipan.

. And the wait period keeps getting longer.  Oh well, he kinda was my secret for awhile.    ;)   .  Glad to see him get the recognition he deserves!  

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »
December, that's when my number comes up. James is a pleasure to talk with. He seems like a great guy!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
James is first rate for sure. Bottom line is he wants you to be absolutely in love with your bow, and he will do what he can to make it that way for you.
Plus he is just all around a great guy , talking dogs , old archery history, shooting help etc.
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
Great bows for sure had a viper in the late 80s a reflex deflex 61 lb at 27.5 great bow fast 0 handshock james has been at it for awhile.I was on his old website with a hog I got with it.The Morningstar is my favorite bow.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline buffalo53

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Hi  I would simply agree with all of the positive comments above. James is incredibly patient with the smallest detailed questions and gives his time freely. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the work he as done on my bow and the great treatment during the process. Thankyou George Hill

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
I remember when I first shot a Berry bow and said "Ahh now I understand!"

Statement is still true. Mr. Berry Taipan is out of this world. I've been shooting his Taipan and North star model pretty exclusively. They both shoot the same arrow spine, so i keep both on my shooting rack. They both have different grips, but i shoot both well.

James is very appreciative on the feedback. He wants honesty and reciprocates it back. A true down to earth kind of guy, who wants customers to be truly happy with his product.

I asked why he does this? his response was nonchalantly, "uh, so you'll buy more of my bows"!
   :laughing:  

Keep at it Mr. Berry the traditional archery world is happy because of You.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©